Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 08:54 AM

Default That sub is sunk

[ QUOTE ]
...Cyrus, a self proclaimed Liberal...

[/ QUOTE ]
I never "proclaimed" any such thing. (In fact, I have denied it quite strongly!)

[ QUOTE ]
Let this be a lesson to moderators everywhere. No matter how many times you explain yourself, no matter how fair you are in executing your duties, there will always be those who find something to whine about.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the Mods were actually "fair in their duties", there would be no protest. That M is doing his job well is your own personal opinion. It differs with mine. (For starters, a mod should not be actively interfering in discussions in this page. FishHooks already made that point. Oh and note that MMMMMM locked up a thread when he disagreed with the OP!)

[ QUOTE ]
some liberal thinks they are smarter

[/ QUOTE ]
Not true. MMMMMM is as smart as you ! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
said liberals ... proclaim after showing their smartness they should be put in charge

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously, you are breathing some polluted air down there. What are you saying? Do you see a lot of "liberals" queuing up for MMMMMM's job? (AndyFox already declined Matt Sklansky's invitation.)

Take the mask off.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:37 AM

Default Re: That sub is sunk

I edited that first part, Cyrus. I decided labels are counter to discussion. In any event, it was in the name of satire anyway, but it really doesn't matter. I will try to refrain from labeling in future. Except Dvaut, of course.

Please point to specific evidence MMMMMM is performing his moderator duties based of political preferences instead of terms and conditions set out by this website. I haven't seen any.

I have noted continued efforts to detract MMMMMM's moderator job. It's like a bunch of people on here are suffering from green name envy or something. I seem to recall recently that Dr Wogga was banned for using racial slurs, all the free speechers must have been jumping for joy at that one. Are all the issues really so tired we have to pick on the moderator all the time?

MMMMMMMM is a liberal now? I thought a minute ago he was a libertarian. This is really confusing.

X
Old 09-06-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Circus

[ QUOTE ]
Are all the issues really so tired we have to pick on the moderator all the time?

[/ QUOTE ]
Since the advent of Mods is relatively recent, it is only natural to talk somewhat excessively about it.

[ QUOTE ]
MMMMMMMM is a liberal now?

[/ QUOTE ]
What? Where did you read this?
Old 09-06-2005, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Crash course in Libertarian ideology

I have no clue what the posts were about. However, I've dealth with moderators before and came to the conclusion that as a private forum, they can do whatever they want.

However, let me say the way they conduct themselves in totally retarded. And I doubt 6M is a libraterian. Most libraterians are conservatives who don't understand what the idealogy means.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:56 AM

how can anyone be so ignorant as to saying that racism is completely dead?

if you want an example, you can find one here on this very board! take for example the issue of the terrible support provided by PartyPoker. many times threads are posted in the zoo bemoaning the horrible support at party. invariably the fact that the support is in India will come up. often the support staff will be characterized as monkeys. EVERYTIME, it is made clear that party cs is run by indians in india. and everyone points and laughs. this alone doesn't show racism.

however, the cryptological sites have just as bad/if not worse CS than party. yet in the countless threads bemoaning the crypto CS, no one ever makes note of the ethnicity or nationality of the CS staff. now i know that the CS staff are based in the UK for the crypto's, so why don't people make note of the ethnicity of the crypto CS? no cries of 'those useless monkeys!' or 'god i hate their stupid accents, speak PROPER ENGLISH U CHIMPS'

now perhaps you can tell me why so many people have to make it clear every time that party cs is run by indians. because i can only think of one reason, that they, conciously or not, think indians are inferior.

i'm assuming you must be a white male, who has experienced little or no racism.

i am a black male and have experienced racism. albeit minor, and very often only annoying and irrelevant, yet, it does still exist i believe. however, since moving to New Zealand, i have not run into much at all[small sample size?].
Old 09-06-2005, 12:43 PM

Wow...that was a whole lot of words for an undeserving thread. Repost this in the other thread, if you are feeling such a grievance.

I would like to echo lehigh in that 6M's statements do not reflect any facet of Libertarian ideology, at least in terms of the thread in question. Actually, since Libertarianism is fairly meritocratic, I cannot see that racism would fit into Libertarian ideal...since we believe everybody should do the best they can do, and be free to do it.

I'm not sure how Cyrus interpreted 6M's comments to speak for the entire Libertarian Party, but I would like to refute that notion. As for LomU's statements about the PartyPoker issue...wow. I mean...WOW.

[ QUOTE ]
now perhaps you can tell me why so many people have to make it clear every time that party cs is run by indians. because i can only think of one reason, that they, conciously or not, think indians are inferior.

[/ QUOTE ] I realize that racism is an emotional issue for you...that much is clear from your post. And, I agree with you that racism is not dead, having grown up and lived in Texas my entire life. That said, I humbly submit that simply because you cannot think of another reason for those posters' comments does not prove the motivation of those comments. It is certainly a valid consideration, but is not proof of anything. I would actually posit that more people complain about the CS at Party because more people play on Party...far more people than the Cryptos...hence, more complaints.

Also...what if the complaints about the CS at Party are accurate? Isn't it possible that people speaking a nonnative tongue would be more difficult to understand than native speakers? Isn't it possible that many of these posters have difficulty understanding non-American English?

Again, I am not saying that racism does not exist, but racism toward people of India rather than more homegrown varieties is a bit obscure. Plus...bear in mind that these are customers of Party, and many people treat those that serve them poorly, regardless of color. Believe me...I can vouch for that, having been a waiter.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:20 PM

you misunderstood me/i wasn't very clear.

its not that there are MORE complaints about party, it's the fact that the ethnicity of the CS people is always brought up. why is this? bad support is bad support. who cares where they come from? obviously alot of people do. crypto support is horrible too, but does anyone call the brits chimps, or characterise them as monkeys? noone even brings it up. they just call the cryptos out on their terrible support.

the point being, if its bad support at party, its bad support BY indians in many peoples eyes.

when its bad support at cryptos, its just bad support by cryptos.

so tell me why people feel the need to bring up ethnicity?

i dont want to go overboard im just using this minor thing to show that there is still an innate, or even subconcious racism still among many people.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:58 PM

Well...

I agree with you that ethnicity should not a focal point of the argument. However, there is, as you said, a natural tendency of people to dislike those who are unlike them. This is true in every race, not just the whites. There are plenty of non-Americans who hate Americans simply because there are Americans...and for no other reason than that. There are plenty of blacks that hate whites. There are plenty of this that hates that.

That doesn't make it right, of course.

But...I also stand by my statement that most cultures would look down on those who do not speak their native tongues expertly. When I was in college, I sang in choir. We traveled to Germany, Austria, and the Czech Republic, singing songs in the languages of those countries(German, German, and Czech). In at least one of the concerts, we drew laughter from the audience because our pronounciation was not the same as those who speak the language fluently.

Did that make them racists? Of course not...most likely, they were amused more than anything...but it reinforces the point that how you speak the language or write the language leads people to draw conclusions about you.

And, also...I would like to reiterate that the customer/company relationship is not necessarily one built on mutual respect. Many people treat those that they do business with as inferiors, regardless of race. The racial issue with the Indians is perhaps an easy way to grasp at this.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:44 PM

You're exaggerating the effect of this a little bit, aren't you?
Old 09-06-2005, 06:35 PM

I tried to reply to the locked thread yesterday and found it locked.

Anyway, my response was going to be: The evidence before the court is incontrovertible, there's no need for the jury to retire.......

In all my years of judging.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread