Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Not \"the\" sexy, but....

So I checked and prayed, and Button thought and bet, and SB quickly called and I happily raised, and I'm sure Button cursed loudly as he called, and Im sure SB confusedly shook his head as he called again. And of course A5 and A4 were both no good [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What are you guys putting button on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure. Maybe I'm off in thinking that it isnt a weak ace, because if it was a weak ace I dont like the way he played it, and since hes solid, to me its unusual how he played it then. A pair+guthsot makes his play a little better in my mind, and if thats the case, Im not confident enough in him value betting it against 2 people that I wanna risk a check through

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I see this type of play from weak aces on scary boards quite a bit, and I dont think its all that bad. Granted, giving the free card to the gutshots that you know are out there sucks, but I dont think it sucks as bad as having to either calldown or fold if you get CRed on the turn. And even if you dont get CRed you might not be ahead anyways, this way you at least get to go to showdown for one BB. (unless of course your opponent pulls a sexy river CR [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 09-05-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What are you guys putting button on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure. Maybe I'm off in thinking that it isnt a weak ace, because if it was a weak ace I dont like the way he played it, and since hes solid, to me its unusual how he played it then. A pair+guthsot makes his play a little better in my mind, and if thats the case, Im not confident enough in him value betting it against 2 people that I wanna risk a check through

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I see this type of play from weak aces on scary boards quite a bit, and I dont think its all that bad. Granted, giving the free card to the gutshots that you know are out there sucks, but I dont think it sucks as bad as having to either calldown or fold if you get CRed on the turn. And even if you dont get CRed you might not be ahead anyways, this way you at least get to go to showdown for one BB. (unless of course your opponent pulls a sexy river CR [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

I think with the board and the action, its an easy toss to a turn c/r if you are holding a weak ace. So Id much rather put my 1BB in on the turn and avoid the free card and take the free showdown, than give the free card and put my 1BB in on the river. You are the PF raiser and its a broadway board so you shouldnt be getting turn c/r by hands you are really drawing live against. Other weak aces arent going to give you that kinda action, and I really dont think even KJ (which very often 3 bets PF) will c/r you on the turn after you 3 bet the flop on an AKJ board.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:28 PM

this si why i just c/r the flop with monsters and never stop betting

20-40 shorthanded people love showing down any pair

4-bet the flop and just keep going.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:25 PM

i love the sexy sososo much, as we all know. and i would never begrduge one thier sexy, for we all need the sexy from time to time. but IMO this hand needs the "gas", not the sexy. put the pedal down on that flop and keep it there.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:01 AM

I'm also wondering why he would stop taking their money when he is a huge favourite to win and 20/40 is supposed to be very agressive.