Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 04:51 AM

Default Re: How hard would it be to program a macro or program to...

Looks pretty damn cool so far, will it be able to overlay more than 1 tournament on the same graph?
~Justin
Old 09-04-2005, 05:17 AM

I agree it looks very cool,

Will it also be able to graph stack sizes as in just # of chips, instead of # of BB's?
Old 09-04-2005, 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree it looks very cool,

Will it also be able to graph stack sizes as in just # of chips, instead of # of BB's?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. # of BBs will always almost always show a downward trend (after all, the purpose of the escalating BBs is to get the tournament to end).

# of chips would be better than BBs. I think even better would be your chips as a percentage of the average stack (e.g., 1200 chips and 1000 average stack would be 120%). Or perhaps a graph of your chips overlaid with a graph of the average stack.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:02 AM

Pretty sure hw ouldn't be able to do anything with average stacks, because all the information he's plotting is coming from the hand history.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:30 PM

The obvious advantage to using BB's is that it hows how close you are to ruin, 50K in chips might look really good, but if the blinds are 10K/20K it isn't so good.

I've been thinking about plotting this as a scatter chart where the X axis is BB (or m) and the Y axis is my stack relative to average stack at the table (maybe median would be better?). If you ever get close to either axis, you're in trouble. If you get close to the X axis you are close to blinding out and have very little time to act. If you get close to the Y axis you have time (assuming you are far from the X-axis) but your bets will get less respect because you don't have enough chips to do much damage to the other players.