Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: \"george bush doesn\'t care about black people\"

[ QUOTE ]
i really, really, really hate geraldo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately he really is one of the best field reporters.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:38 PM

He's regarded quite well critically as a producer. I'm pretty sure people say he's one of the best producers in the business. I think it takes a lot of intelligence to be a producer.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:39 PM

and here is the quoted text. couldn't get the link to the video i found to load.
---

"“I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family and they say we are looting, you see a white family and they say they are looking for food. And, you know, its been five days because most of the people ARE black. And even for me to complain, I would be a hypocrite because I would turn away from the TV because it’s too hard to watch. I’ve even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I’m calling my business manager right to see what is the biggest amount I can give. And just to imagine, if I was down there and those are my people down there. If there is anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help about the way America is set up the help the poor, the black people, the less well off as slow as possible. Red cross is doing as much as they can. We already realize a lot of the people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way. And now they’ve given them permission to go down and shoot us.”

“George Bush doesn’t care about black people.”
Old 09-02-2005, 09:45 PM

and here. and no do not fear the buttlands.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's regarded quite well critically as a producer. I'm pretty sure people say he's one of the best producers in the business. I think it takes a lot of intelligence to be a producer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea how intelligent he is, and frankly, I don't really care. I just think it is stupid to not buy or begin to dislike someone's art simply because their political views are different than yours.

I don't boycott Planet of the Apes because I disagree with Heston or dismiss Cat Stevens because of his religious extremism. Art is art.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and here. and no do not fear the buttlands.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanx a lot
Old 09-02-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea how intelligent he is, and frankly, I don't really care. I just think it is stupid to not buy or begin to dislike someone's art simply because their political views are different than yours.

I don't boycott Planet of the Apes because I disagree with Heston or dismiss Cat Stevens because of his religious extremism. Art is art.

[/ QUOTE ]

kanye comes off as an ass to me, i havent heard this last clip but im guessing ill think these a fool. but if he says something really stupid about race relations, it wont make me lose respect for the music he creates (i think hes a great producer and artist). it takes a type of intelligence to produce like he does but its pretty unrelated to political science.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
where have you been hearing that so much? and what are you talking about specifically?

[/ QUOTE ]

People perpetuating that about which they’re supposedly so pissed off through making statements like this. They’re constantly the people creating racial distinctions (real and imagined).

When can I start White Entertainment Television or White History Month?

For the record, I have friends of all ethnicities, black in-laws…etc. I’m the furthest thing from a racist. I just get so sick of hearing this [censored]. Drop it, and let’s just be human beings try to fix the [censored] that happened.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:54 PM

wow just finished watching it, who does Kanye think he is?
Old 09-02-2005, 09:56 PM

doesnt work, wtf? says quicktime error and it cant dl the fix. any other source?