Old 08-31-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: First hand post, plz help

I'm tilt free baby [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-31-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and cap the river

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What range of hands do you put the opponent on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for asking...after reading the other comments, I was thinking about adding my thinking anyway!

After considering likely hands for a good player and for a poor player (trying to justify my answer), I change my mind.

I still prefer the flop raise, but calling the river is better than a raise (and a cap is silly).

After working hard on my game, and being a winning player after 30K hands, my post flop game needs significant inmprovement. My hand reading is brutal and post flop decision making is aggressive and hasty. That being said I go to showdown fewer times than is considered optimal, while my W$SD is LOWER than optimal (which does not make sense).

This kind of hand is what I need to think about to improve my game.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:52 PM

Hey Denny, welcome to two plus two, I'd re-reaise the flop with the overpair, if you get capped you can call down with the overpair, and plus you have redraws to the straight. They really SLOW played the turn if they did have AK, most players aren't that fancy, at this point (the turn) unless you are 100% certain they are holding an AK, you almost have to call down because of your pot comittment. I have a feeling you lost to AK, but hang in there man, Scott.