Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Wheres George Clooney and Tim Robbins?

Which way do you want it. Do you want the liberal hollywood elite championing causes or not? If you do, don't bitch about it when they champion causes with which you disagree. You can't have it both ways.

I guarantee that there will be significant relief efforts championed by those crazy liberals. Just today, my company (which employs several thousand of the much hated attorney proffession announced a two for one match on employee contributions.) I'm sure it's just a pubicity stunt though.

[ QUOTE ]
Why do they have to wait until after they can‘t get some free publicity by getting themselves onto a 24 hour marathon that will take 12 months to distribute the money

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it...is it not a publicity stunt when the NBA does it, or WalMart, or Annheiser (sp?) Busch, or the ABC Radio subsidiaries, but when some actors do it then it is only for personal gain. Unbelievable.

[ QUOTE ]
What I'm saying is that immediately after the tsunami...

[/ QUOTE ]

While the disaster in the southern states is terrible, it isn't even comparable to the tsunami. Several hundred thousand lives were lost in the tsunami. This disaster isn't even close to the tsunami.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:49 PM

Just saw this:

NBC to air 4 hour prime time benefit concert on Friday (I'm sure no liberals will appear, and if they do it will only be for selfish reasons)
Old 08-31-2005, 05:53 PM

I want liberal, conservative, green-peace, libertarians, communist... everyone to "champion" the cause and step up to the plate.

However, I don't want it to become a PR stunt for anyone... especially self-serving actors.

P.S. I respect the law profession immensely... I think most lawyers do a lot of extra work for which they are never compensated.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, I don't want it to become a PR stunt for anyone... especially self-serving actors

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but your original post was the very definition of playing politics with the disaster.

[ QUOTE ]
I want liberal, conservative, green-peace, libertarians, communist... everyone to "champion" the cause and step up to the plate.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet, you chose to single out two liberals to make your political point.

In short, your words here ring hollow in light of your earlier statements.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:34 PM

Just the announcements I've heard so far:

Morgan Freeman is running an auction this weekend to benefit the victims.

Jerry Lewis is going to be raising money during the Labor Day Telethon for the victims as well as MD.

Gwen Stefani has already donated $100K

The Dave Matthews Band is holding an extra show next week here in Denver with the proceeds to go to the victims as well.

From the Poker World, Wil Wheaton and PokerStars are running two tournaments this week where the buy-ins are being donated to the RC and prizes are being provided by WW and PStars

Secretary of State Condaleeza Rice is spending the weekend vacationing in NYC, catching a Broadway show, spending several thousands of dollars on a single pair of shoes (and having a woman physically removed from the store for telling her to get her a$$ back to work) and hitting tennis balls with Monica Seles and attending the U.S. Open...

Ass.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However, I don't want it to become a PR stunt for anyone... especially self-serving actors.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. The liberals (and pretty much all other political persuasions) are, as I predicted, currently "stepping up to the plate". It was not a difficult prediction. You are currently eating your knee-jerk anti-liberal statements.

2. Precisely how can any celebrity "step up to the plate" and NOT be involved in a "PR stunt" in your mind? In other words, EXACTLY what would YOU say and do if you were George Clooney?

-ptmusic
Old 09-01-2005, 05:58 PM

Katrina in a nutshell

I’ll add a little more rant.

All these B list celebrities doing these concerts and such. Quit mooching for our money and just write a check you cheap bastards.

Yeah, so Morgan Freeman is organizing a celebrity donation auction. Ooh, these clowns donate some trash that they have laying around to milk the rest of us out of our money. You entertainment scumbags are worth billions – Streisand, Clooney, Eastwood, Moore, Penn,; yes all you rich politicians too. The Bush family, the Kennedys, the Buffetts, the Gates, the Clintons. All the rich news and semi news types; Limbaugh, Jennings, Rather, The Grahm Family.

Quit “organizing fundraisers” [b]and write some damn checks![b]
Old 09-01-2005, 06:00 PM

Slam dunk pro... that post now rates in my personal top ten favorites.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:04 PM

How do you know they haven't? Or won't? Won't Clinton and Bush Sr. be calling them personally? Didn't Steinbrenner come up with $1,000,000?
Old 09-01-2005, 06:09 PM

I heard Stern put up $500K plus a letter or "recommendation" for a % of every NBA players salary. That's the way to do it.