Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Side Question

[ QUOTE ]
Usually any form of pause does not concern me. Villain could be contemplating a bluff or slow playing a monster. Some additional analysis is necessary so pausing would be natural and expected in this situation and would offer relatively little info. In live play visual cues in addition to the pause for thought can sometimes offer a legitimate read. Sometimes.....LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

In live play, I've always abided by the concept that it doesn't take much thought to check with nothing. That coupled with the fact that bluffers tend to act quickly makes playing more weak/tight against a slow-acting opponent +EV live, IMHO.

My concern about using this online is mainly that my opponent may just be distracted or having connection problems.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Pausers

You are too sensitive.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I wouldn't use my second language to make inflammatory remarks for no apparenet reason. It is very kind of you to jump in defend his statements. How rude of me to commnet on the spelling or grammar when he is insulting me in his second language.

[/ QUOTE ]

Insulting anyone for spelling and grammar is stupid and is one of my pet hates about 2+2.

In fact Valenzualas comment wasnt too bad, just a little too sarcastic (another 2+2 trate i hate) - you just couldnt come up with a good come back when you percieved him as attacking your playing ability.

Phill
Old 08-30-2005, 11:19 AM

LOL.. So you subscibe to the "all professionals pause on every hand" theory as well then? Maybe you shouldn't watch so much ESPN..
Old 08-30-2005, 11:39 AM

He was clearly joking.

You clearly dont get it.

Phill
edit: for the record, never seen ESPN before.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:42 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] LOL.. Boy I did miss that one! First post so was little sensitive. Funny thing is I used his exact statement on a table recently. Ok.. Taking my paxil and will be back later.
Closed Thread