Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: KQs, how\'s my line?

There are a whole lot of drawing hands that he can have that you're not giving him credit for. A majority of PP25-ers will call 6xBB raises with crap as long as they're suited and somewhat connected. Even I do that sometimes even though my VPIP% is less than 30.

Here are the most likely hands that he can have that you're beating: 8 different combinations of A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2 different QJ-suited, 4 different 76-suited, 6 different KQ, K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. That's 24 in all, not even counting all the other spade connectors that he can have such as T8, 87, and 98.

The hands that he can have have that's beating you are: 8 different AQ, 1 QQ, 3 different 55, 3 different 44, 2 different 54-suited, and 2 different QT-suited. That's 19 combinations in all.

I'm not saying that I never check behind here, but my standard line is to bet. I believe that at this level of play without a read, if you're checking behind turns with top pair second kickers on non-draw-free boards when your opponent hasn't shown any strength at all, you're missing a lot of value.

EDIT: TP is top pair. And Godfather, I'm not trying to start an argument with you. I've seen your posts, and you're a very solid contributor for this forum. I generally agree with your posts. Maybe this is just a preference thing.