Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Motivate me to put in hours

Hi DavidC, what's happening. Ahh, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and play poker tomorrow...so if you could just make sure that you're playing by nine, that would be great, mmmkay?

Oh, I almost forgot. I'm gonna need you to go ahead and play poker on Sunday too. We lost some big hands this week and we really need to sort of catch up. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:47 AM

Good luck with that goal!

Thats probably my favorite scene from Office Space, brilliant.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:15 AM

Like a crypto skin minus the poker. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2005, 10:36 AM

Why force yourself to play poker if you don't want to play? Either "put in your hours" or don't.

This is why I don't think I could ever try and go pro...treating poker like it's a job would take away a lot of my enjoyment [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2005, 06:37 AM

Wednesday:

First day, 8.5 hours. Playing from about 2p est to 6p est was a tough time of the day, in the evenings it cleared up nicely. In the early morning (6a est thurs) it seemed to be a lagfest, but I was really tired and lost a lot of money in 22 minutes, so I'm going to bed.

Not sure how many hands I played, but about 1600 I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

On the day, I think I've been tearing it up... actually, what the hell, poker tracker tells me:

1794 hands, 2.72bb/100. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've found that during the day, due to the frustration of being against better players and having a hard time table-selecting, I tilt a bit, and that costs a crazy amount of money. This is something I'm going to have to work on.

Take care, guys.
--Dave.

----

Anyone else that wants to post their progress on weekly goals, including that dude that's trying to clear his bonus, go for it!
Old 08-26-2005, 07:01 AM

Didn't play much today, got in about 500 hands. Still learning a bit about 6max but up another 20BB today.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:33 AM

OMFG...

I posted this on Thursday morning, thinking that I was posting it on Wednesday morning. This is evidenced by me posting my wednesday results on Friday, which were actually my thursday results.

So the hours that I have posted in my location represent those starting on Thursday at 10am... pretty good so far, though, I'm ahead of schedule.

----------------

So, the first bet stated "wednesday 10a-Monday 10a".

But it never stated what particular wednesday this deal started on.

I'm not sure how many hours I put in on this wednesday.

So there's three options as to how the bet can continue forward:

It could start next weds to the mon aft that.

It could go thurs to tues (which would involve me playing monday night rockfest. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ).

It could go from this current wednesday to the coming monday, and I'd have to dig through pokertracker (3xdb: poker room, paradise, party) to try to figure out how many hours I put in. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I suppose it could go Thurs-Mon, also, with the total hours being 28 instead of 35, too...

I'm not sure.

----------------

God damnit. This is an honest mistake. FWIW, I've been motivated to put in the hours.

So I'm not sure what to do... do I put a poll up to determine the best course of action, do I ask the guys involved (first 10) to give me their opinion, or do I make it next weds-mon?

I'm really sorry about this.

One thing that I do know is that going through my friggin DBs to figure out how much time I've put in will take time, and I'm not going to bother doing it until tuesday, if we stick to the original agreement (edit: and if I DO get curious and check, there's no way I'm telling you guys how much it is until you've made the decision.)

--Dave.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do I ask the guys involved (first 10) to give me their opinion,

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm one of the first ten. I'm not sure what the deal is, but I will vote to let you start over or restart with similar goal. i.e. not hold your timekeeping mistake as a failure.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:35 AM

hey... also one of the first ten, but your explanation sorta confused me. Why not just shove the "week" forward to when you do have records from? I.E. If you started on a thurs, but made the deal from Wedn-tues, just make it from thurs-wedn? Am I being too simple? O_o
Old 08-27-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey... also one of the first ten, but your explanation sorta confused me. Why not just shove the "week" forward to when you do have records from? I.E. If you started on a thurs, but made the deal from Wedn-tues, just make it from thurs-wedn? Am I being too simple? O_o

[/ QUOTE ]

The main reason that I don't want to do this is that it would involve me playing on a Monday, which is -EV compared to other activities on that day, like playing blackjack or studying poker. It's not generally part of my work-week.

I'm not willing to play on monday, so if we start on thurs, then the deal is thurs-sun (playing, ending monday 10am), and I guess 28 hours.

I have given you guys the option of doing next weds or even this weds, so I'll wait for a bit more input before making the decision.

Next wednesday sounds good for me, but it's not totally up to me...

Jees', it's a good thing I'm not a lawyer or something, or our entire economy would be screwwed up by now. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

FWIW, I feel pretty good about playing poker right now. I'm killing the 2/4 game! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]