Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: $109s - Is This An Autocall?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you're getting slightly worse than 2:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, you're right. That makes me want to fold even more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't been around much lately, but doesn't anyone use eastbay's tool anymore?

I don't have it here at work, so I can't really help. This is a call with any reasonable hand range for the SB, but don't take my word for it. Someone run the #s please.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing that is somewhat concerning is the SB doesn't seem capable of pushing as many hands as he/she should. However, I find it hard to believe that calling here can be very -EV vs. even very tight $109 players.

I don't have Easty tools at work either [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Anyway, I call....I think it can be close as one plan for ITM can be to punish UTG if the big stack isn't very active on the next hand and likely get a walk in the next orbit.

Yugoslav
Old 08-24-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain has folded his last two SBs to me with a similar stack. UTG is my b*tch.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a part of my game that I have altered recently.

The argument for calling is easy to make, and there aren't many hand ranges for the SB that would make this mathematically incorrect.

But, having the second biggest stack on the bubble when two players are playing incorrectly, as you imply above, is simply too big an advantage to piss away just because you have a bitchin' SNG tool kit.

I used to perseverate about this decision and reluctantly call. Now, I would quickly fold and win this SNG more than my "fair" 20% of the time.

Irieguy
Old 08-24-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain has folded his last two SBs to me with a similar stack. UTG is my b*tch.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter

Button (t5745)
SB (t915)
Hero (t2065)
UTG (t1275)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t915 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t615.

[/ QUOTE ]

Small blind is not folding this time, so fold, save your chips, and take advantage or your b*tch on the next hand.
I can't believe how many people say autocall... I must have so much to learn [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The argument for calling is easy to make, and there aren't many hand ranges for the SB that would make this mathematically incorrect.

But, having the second biggest stack on the bubble when two players are playing incorrectly, as you imply above, is simply too big an advantage to piss away just because you have a bitchin' SNG tool kit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-24-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a part of my game that I have altered recently.

I used to perseverate about this decision and reluctantly call. Now, I would quickly fold and win this SNG more than my "fair" 20% of the time.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear what you are saying, but you have him covered by 1050. You won't be eliminated here, and your opponents will continue to suck regardless of the outcome of this hand.

I like taking the $EV here, but with the backup plan of outplaying them with a shortstack.

Also, if you fold, you will only have 1765 (to their 1215 and 1275). It's not like your 2nd biggest stack is really anything to write home about. One could argue that 1765 and 1050 are both worth the same # of blocks. (Disregard that last sentence, I couldn't help myself).
Old 08-24-2005, 01:39 PM

I can't believe that calling here with a 6 high is a good move.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:55 PM

Default For those who don\'t understand calling

For those of you who read this hand and instantly think that calling cannot possibly be a good idea...

without cheating, write down how often you think AKo beats 5-6s.

I wish I knew how to do that cool "results in white" thing that everybody does.

Irieguy
Old 08-24-2005, 01:57 PM

I would fold that for sure!
Old 08-24-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: For those who don\'t understand calling

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When we're going HU in Vegas I'm pretty sure my 56s will win exactly 100% of the time.

Of course, normally AKo beats 56s like 20% of the time when I play Party STTs....stupid rigged piece of @#%$.

Yugoslav
Old 08-24-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: For those who don\'t understand calling

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you who read this hand and instantly think that calling cannot possibly be a good idea...

I wish I knew how to do that cool "results in white" thing that everybody does.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I will guess 60:40 AKo wins. 65s has both flush and str8 possibilities, but 56s must improve to win, AK does not.

after writing the above I went to an internet poker calculator, and plugged it in... 59:41 AK wins, damn I am good [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]