Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Call river with 44 (on board), Ace Kicker v. strength in 9.75 BB pot?

[ QUOTE ]
Only played 20 hands with Villain. 23.1/0/1.29. Seemed like a reasonable player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a sLPP to me (for what stats are worth after 20 hands). His flop raise means he has something, here, but you're getting 11:1 (maybe 12, if MP3 sticks around) so call to see the turn.

When you're not improved on the turn I'd check/fold. Even assuming you're behind to just a pair (which I think is a stretch against somebody who looks this passive), your odds are razor-thin calling to 6 full outs, and I think you have to discount those outs for fear of reverse-domination, putting you on the wrong side of the odds.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe bad thinking on my part, I don't know. I keep thinking about the advice I've seen in Sklansky and Miller's material about how it is a "catastrophe" when you fold a winning hand in a big pot, but it is a "small mistake" when you lose one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is sound thinking, but it doesn't apply here. It's a catastraphe when you fold the winning hand, but there's almost no chance that you have the winning hand in this case. You're behind any hand with a single 4, T, or J and you're behind any pocket pair.

Personally, after being raised on the flop I would have folded the turn UI. And you were UI -- that 4 didn't do you any good.