Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Collection account

I just totally bitched the collections agency lady out. I couldn't help myself. She threatened legal action against me and I just lost it.

As far as I am concerned, she broke the law. I asked for debt validation and she refused and threatened me. I think I need to contact an attorney.

She said that she was going to put a note on my credit report that I'm refusing to pay.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:54 PM

Of course it's too late now for both you and the OP, but this sort of thing is a good argument for insisting on a receipt (and not losing it) when you return equipment to the cable company. If you have a receipt signed by a cable company employee, you have proof that you did in fact return the equipment.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just totally bitched the collections agency lady out. I couldn't help myself. She threatened legal action against me and I just lost it.

As far as I am concerned, she broke the law. I asked for debt validation and she refused and threatened me. I think I need to contact an attorney.

She said that she was going to put a note on my credit report that I'm refusing to pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Update- I have decided that I'm not paying this under any circumstances and am just going to forget about it as best I can. I'm going to keep paying my credit cards off on time, etc. and wait for this to drop off my credit report.

I will not pay, but I may write letters to the credit bureaus, and do other minor things.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:47 PM

Seven years is a long ass time. It'd be worth it to pay for deletion because if you ever get a loan the bump to interest rates that this will cause you will probably be more than the $400 you owe. Not to mention that collection agencies buy accounts for $.10-$.20 on the dollar (depending on age of the account) so you can always get a discounted amount to pay them off.

I'd go through some credit forums (artofcredit and creditnet), find some sample letters, and send a letter saying you'll pay $300 for deletion. Remember to never acknowledge that the debt is yours.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:05 PM

You can dispute directly with the credit bureaus. It will temporarily help your credit as well. Else, try to settle with the and ask they will delete you (as opposed to "Paid in Full")
Old 08-23-2005, 12:16 AM

Naw Al I'm not settling it. I'm filing disputes with the credit card bureaus and those fuckers at the agency will get nothing from me. I'm aware of my rights and have decided to pay $0.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:28 AM

766 babayyyyy!
Old 08-23-2005, 01:33 AM

Can you elaborate on what 766 is dude?
Old 08-23-2005, 01:40 AM

credit score, isn't that what we are talking about?
Old 08-23-2005, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
credit score, isn't that what we are talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah. I wasn't paying attention.

[censored] YOU and your high credit score you bastard. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]