Default Re: Return of the Fantasy Football Advice Column

[ QUOTE ]
ok, I have a dynasty roster, ten teams.

scoring is:

[/ QUOTE ] I really don't need such a specific breakdown. [ QUOTE ]

we start QB, 2WR, RB, WR/RB, TE, K, D. 12 bench spots

my current team is

QB - Brady, Carr
RB - Holmes, K Jones, L Jordan, Ricky Williams, LJohnson, C Taylor, Blaylock, Clarett
WR - Holt, Wayne, Driver, T Williamson, Greg Lewis (shaddup, U of I bias)
TE - Heap, Wiggins
K - Vinateri
D - Buffalo

the question is what RBs to deal and where to upgrade. I could use better QB/WR production or an elite TE, but I'm not sure how much I'll have to pay for that.

FWIW I had just deal J porter for Larry Johnson to insure that I have the KC RB position locked up.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many players do you protect? It's hard to give any advice without that info, but assuming it is a about equal to your starters, I'd protect both KC RBs and KJones. If it's significantly more, add Jordan. If it is a LOT more, add Taylor and Ricky.

Dealing Ricky would be my primary goal. You are not going to improve much at QB, RB, your top 2 WR positions, or een your flex RB/WR spot. But you could really use a better third WR. (I'm big on Porter this year, assuming he recovers from his recent malady, but in your case, LJ was a neccessity -- nice trade.) Go young: Lee Evans, Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, etc. If you can pick up Charles Rogers cheap, do that. Also, you want a young RB for the day the Priest stops, especially in case of Vermeil/LJ explosion.

Heap is a good TE and it's not worth breaking the bank to improve on. There are only two guys who are significantly better than he, and even that's a question. (Note that I'd draft Witten higher than Heap, but once you have Heap, trading him plus another player for Witten is silly.)

Greg Lewis should be traded ASAP. His value is as high as it will ever get. This is not a joke.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:36 AM

No one answered this question in the last thread. How does being in a league where you start 2 QB's skew player rankings? Other than that scoring is pretty much standard

10 teams
6 pts for any TD passing running receiving
10yds/ point for running/receiving
25 yds/point passing
-2 for a turnover
Old 08-19-2005, 07:41 AM

ESPN 10-man league. TDs and yardage emphasized equally. This is a keeper league where we can keep 3 players drafted in rounds 4+ for the following year. Top keepers from last year include McGahee, Kevin and Julius Jones. Who should I look to draft in the later rounds that will really help my team for the following year as well? Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams? Any second years as sleepers?
Old 08-19-2005, 09:59 AM

we keep everyone fwiw.

I dunno, I do have a guy that would be open to dealing gonzo without me giving up heap, it involves lamont in the trade and given that he's unproven I'm trying to hammer out something.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone so high on Rudi? I agree he's good value in the second, but...

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldnt' agree more...show me.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No one answered this question in the last thread. How does being in a league where you start 2 QB's skew player rankings? Other than that scoring is pretty much standard

10 teams
6 pts for any TD passing running receiving
10yds/ point for running/receiving
25 yds/point passing
-2 for a turnover

[/ QUOTE ]

In a 10 team league, not a whole lot, because there are about 20 starting quality QBs. However, you now want to draft a 2nd QB (because many teams will draft a third), and when you draft QBs, take guys without questions in the health category or who could lose their starting job.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we keep everyone fwiw.

I dunno, I do have a guy that would be open to dealing gonzo without me giving up heap, it involves lamont in the trade and given that he's unproven I'm trying to hammer out something.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a very dynasty league. Cool.

Gonzo isn't young and your 3rd RB spot is good with LaMont there. I'd probably refrain.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ESPN 10-man league. TDs and yardage emphasized equally. This is a keeper league where we can keep 3 players drafted in rounds 4+ for the following year. Top keepers from last year include McGahee, Kevin and Julius Jones. Who should I look to draft in the later rounds that will really help my team for the following year as well? Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams? Any second years as sleepers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cadillac and Arrington are most likely to get snaps, with Brown a close #3. But Larry Johnson is probably the best guy to get with an eye toward keeping -- by '06, he should be the primary guy in KC.

I'm not set on my WR sleeper list for the year yet. My dynasty league draft is the end of the month, and I usually decide by then. (I nailed Nate Burleson last year, though.)
Old 08-19-2005, 12:37 PM

I hear decent things about Frank Gore from SF...thoughts?
Old 08-19-2005, 01:30 PM

Im just in a standard yahoo league.

Im looking to trade a RB for an elite WR. Im not to sure of who to go after though and who trade.

heres my team.

QB-M.Hasselbeck
RB-C.Portis
RB-D.McAllister
RB-R.Johnson
RB-C.Benson
WR-A.Johnson
WR-J.Porter
WR-A.Lelie
WR-P.Burress
WR-Re.Williams
WR-B.Edwards
TE-J.Witten
TE-D.Jolley
K-J.Hall
DEF-NYJ

the weakest team had RB's of R.Williams L.Jordan and C.Williams His WR's Moss, Holt, Fitzgerald and Marcus Robinson. He also has Kerry Collins as his QB.

Should I try to package a deal with a RB. Say Duece(or Portis) and Edwards for Holt and Collins.