Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 06:47 AM

Default Re: Pokershare- new poker site.

Do you acquire points at the same rate that you do for UB? Also is there a way to keep track of the leaderboard for the 10 trips to LA? I'm very interested in running a marathon similar to the one Odoyle did for a free seat at the WSOP and this sounds like an interesting offer.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So this is basically a 40% rake rebate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch out, guys! It is not even a 40% rake rebate. It is a skin of Ultimatebet. Let's say they get 50% of the rake generated (rest goes to Ultimatebet). Then they pay their own expenses leaving 30% of the rake generated as profit (initial marketing/start up costs is often relatively high). Out of that you get 40%, giving you 12% of the rake you generated.

Not exact numbers, but just giving you a idea of how bad this proposal is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arnfinn, you are correct in saying that it is not a 40% rake rebate. However we offer ALL the bonus everysite has to offer. You can have the traditional rake rebate, you will also recieve a first deposit bonus of 100% up to $250 and shortly we will be offering a reload bonus.

I can assure you we receive a much higher percentage than 50% of the rake from Ultimate.

But remember, we offer everything PLUS this extra 40%!

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not see anything about rake rebate at your site, so this of course changes the picture (if you have a competitive offer on this). I am still sceptical to the 40% profit thing though since you basically determine your own salaries (you still own 60%) and which suppliers will be used which can be run by the same people (good way to keep money away from the players).

Not accusing you directly of this, you might be a dead honest guy. Just saying that these kind of concepts can easily be exploited this way and IMO you should put forward a high degree of openess on how $s have been spent so far (to estimate downwriting), fixed costs and marginal costs. Also use a credible auditor and make the audits available for the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you understand we do need to get paid, and there are expenses to running a site and I do understand your concerns. This is why we have set up a trust and a board of respectable trustees to assure that everything is done fairly.

Please have a look here http://www.pokershare.com/pages/page373.php

Very shortly we will have a very credible auditor, we are currently in discussions.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you acquire points at the same rate that you do for UB? Also is there a way to keep track of the leaderboard for the 10 trips to LA? I'm very interested in running a marathon similar to the one Odoyle did for a free seat at the WSOP and this sounds like an interesting offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wish a site would do this but not limit it to the first 'X' number of players. I am willing to put in these kinds of hours for this type of promotion, but I can't compete with the high limit players. I guess 2/4 limit @ UB clears almost as fast as the highest limits, but I think I would hang myself if I played 200k or so hands of limit poker and didn't make the top 10.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wish a site would do this but not limit it to the first 'X' number of players. I am willing to put in these kinds of hours for this type of promotion, but I can't compete with the high limit players. I guess 2/4 limit @ UB clears almost as fast as the highest limits, but I think I would hang myself if I played 200k or so hands of limit poker and didn't make the top 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't agree more, i would really enjoy doing a hand marathon, but i dont want to rip thru a couple hundred thousand hands and find out i finished 12th.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:49 AM

Yep, especially since I hate limit, but in order to equal the points-gaining potential of 2/4 at UB you would have to play $600NL or higher no-limit (3/6 blinds).

Having said that, it is nice to see some more promos like this being run, and hopefully other sites will run similar promos, and all of us high-volume players will have a chance to earn a WPT-type entry off of volume alone.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:08 AM

I think I would cry like a little girl if I put in those kinds of hands and didnt get the trip too. At least if there was a leaderboard you could get to 30k hands of so, decide youre screwed and not run yourself into the ground. If its like the pokershare guy is saying and you can get a rakeback deal plus the share of profits it should be highly EV but heartbreaking to not make it. My pokertracker shows im paying a little over $300 rake per 5000 hands but my MGR at party is around $500 per 5000 hands. Factor in the fact that since its raked hands I would be playing around 200k hands and I would be paying for the trip plus some w/ my MGR. Seems to me the site would not be losing money to send an army of players there with the hopes of one of them winning for publicity and should thus set a cutoff date (possibly w/ a 2/4 and above stipulation) rather than "X" players. If this post is incoherent and rambling i apologize but i'm tired.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't agree more, i would really enjoy doing a hand marathon, but i dont want to rip thru a couple hundred thousand hands and find out i finished 12th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point about the leaderbaord. Give me a few days and I will get one set up. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2005, 08:41 AM

So your saying we can get standard rakeback from our affiliate + profit sharing.

If this is the case, then it's a real win-win situation.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So your saying we can get standard rakeback from our affiliate + profit sharing.

If this is the case, then it's a real win-win situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am quite skeptical how much better this would be than the 28% rakeback that I am currently getting at Ultimate Bet. I would wait to see how much rakeback affiliates start offering for this skin. If it is 20+%, it may start getting interesting because the standard profit sharing does not seem like it will be too much (maybe I am missing the big picture).

It does seem a bit complicated and until I see solid numbers, I will probably remain skeptical.

It is a novel idea though. One that makes me interested.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:33 AM

as was pointed out in the marketwatch article...there should be some concerns for Americans being part-owners of an online-poker site.

It's not likely to become a huge problem in my opinion....but being an online-poker player would not be nearly as bad as being a part-owner of an internet-gambling operation IF the fed-gov or DOJ or whoever decided to crack-down on this stuff.

This aspect is mentioned towards the end of the linked marketwatch article.