View Poll Results: When?
After 25 38.46%
During 5 7.69%
Before 35 53.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Airplane Etiquette

[ QUOTE ]
I have barely enough leg space as it is, it's annoying as hell when the person in front of me does this. My knees want to murder these people.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.kneedefender.com/

This is what I use and they work. Be prepared to deal with the attitude of the person in front of you, though.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:06 PM

I could see this product leading to many highly amusing confrontations.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could see this product leading to many highly amusing confrontations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. It would almost be worth the cost to hand out a few at the beginning of flights.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As long as we're doing slight hijacks -

I wish those traveling with kids would teach/remind their kids to not kick the back of the seats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Children should get one chance. If they step out of line, they should be bound and gagged for the duration of the flight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Last time I flew I had my 15-month-old daughter with us. She was in her car seat strapped to her own chair. Her knees did not reach the edge of her seat, so her legs lay straight out. But they didn't reach the seat in front of her, so no problem. Until the lady leaned her seat back right into my daughter's feet. We tried to hold her feet still, but it was impossible. After 45 minutes of looks from the woman and a "Sorry, there's nothing I can do" from me, she finally put her seat back up. Some people are very stubborn.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last time I flew I had my 15-month-old daughter with us. She was in her car seat strapped to her own chair. Her knees did not reach the edge of her seat, so her legs lay straight out. But they didn't reach the seat in front of her, so no problem. Until the lady leaned her seat back right into my daughter's feet. We tried to hold her feet still, but it was impossible. After 45 minutes of looks from the woman and a "Sorry, there's nothing I can do" from me, she finally put her seat back up. Some people are very stubborn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Children should be required to travel in the overhead bins. No problems that way. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Children should be required to travel in the overhead bins. No problems that way. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
That or just kennel 'em.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:21 PM

I see no problem with reclining, I dont care if the people infront of me recline and the people behind me have the option to recline as well.

The real problem is when people sitting next to you push into my space that is much more annoying to me.

The simple answer to all airline space issues is of course buy a coach ticket and use airline miles to upgrade to first class whenever possible.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see no problem with reclining, I dont care if the people infront of me recline and the people behind me have the option to recline as well.

The real problem is when people sitting next to you push into my space that is much more annoying to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I don't recline. I don'y like the people in front to do it, but I figure it's their right. The people that infringe on my space from the sides, I get physicial with. Usually a couple of sharp elbows is enough to make my point.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:28 PM

Do you go back all the way, regardless of the situation behind you? Like if the guy behind you is 6'4" and working on a laptop do you go easy on him?

And yes, intrusion on my side space, even by my wife, will not be tolerated. I am that aforementioned 6'4" guy, and since I'm also running about 250 lbs at the moment I need every inch they give me and more.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:32 PM

Default shocking results

49% think you should go to the back of the bus. ridiculous. You have a baby. go the nearest bathroom. I'd bet dollars to donuts the flight attendants wouldn't say a word.