Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Here\'s another one, scratched

Anyone know the odds of winning?

Ok, i know its -EV, but if you were going to pay 1K in sattalites to the event, with the bonuses beyond it might be better to 'invest' in some scratch cards...

Phill
ps, im largely kidding, largely...
Old 08-13-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Here\'s another one, scratched

They have these WPT scratch tickets in Massachusetts, at $10 a pop, yikes. I guess you can win motorcycles, poker tables, leather jackets, decks of cards, and plain ole' cash for prizes as well.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Massachusetts Scratch Tickets

The Mass ones are $10 and have 3 hold em games then another section to match numbers like the normal tickets. There are various cash prizes up to a couple million. The most interesting part is that you can win entry to a "no limit hold'em tourney." When you read the details of the tourney though it says that no poker skill is required.

Apparently, players are given two cards, and then the 5 community cards are dealt. No player wins the hand, but the person with the worst hand is eliminated. This process continues until there is a winner. Very boring to someone who knows how to play, and very good for someone who doesnt granted that they get a nice hand to start with.

The reason that I think this is the format for the tourney is that I work at a bar where the Mass. Lottery Association did a promo for this ticket and they had 8 person "tourneys" where this was the format. Top prize: a WPT hat and shirt.

Anyways, looks like variations of this ticket are popping up all around North America. I've played it a couple times for fun and you always get rivered or put up against a ridiculous hand (4 Aces, Straight Flush). It is really amazing how mainstream poker has gotten.

-BMD1984
Old 08-13-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: WPT scratch & win tickets in Alberta

First one I won 10 bucks, bought 2 with those and won 5 with one and lost the other.

hahaha this is fun.

i was eating at the mall when I was scratching it and i thougt I won 100 000 with quad K's but had to look at it for a while until I realized the bastard had a royal flush.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:24 PM

Living in Alberta the projected #'s for gambling revenue this year is pegged at 1.2 billion. pails in comparison to the oil revenue. Albertan's love there gambling though.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i was eating at the mall when I was scratching it and i thougt I won 100 000 with quad K's but had to look at it for a while until I realized the bastard had a royal flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

well the cards ARE sponsored by stars [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I wonder how many people have thought the same and I wonder how many winners have been thrown away because the idiot scratching them doesn't know whether a straight beats a flush or not.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:17 AM

You know the part where it tells you if you won the WPT package? What does it say under there? I'm pretty sure my first ticket just said sorry try again or something, but the other two I have say "Buy-in GOOD LUCK" or something. But the winning thing is supposed to be a WPT symbol. Just curious. I am addicted.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:18 PM

If you are referring to the area that are "chips" before being scratched, that's a bonus area.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 08-14-2005, 07:57 PM

Yes I know what it is. I'm wondering what people have found written under it.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:08 AM

I think yours means "buy in with your own money, good luck"

Ok here is my question: Why don't you go try to convince the lady at the check out counter that 3 of a kind beats a flush??