Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: 2 new things in my life... (monitor related)

[ QUOTE ]
This looks exactly like my setup..
Is that a toshiba satellite w/ 17" screen and a Dell FP2001?

BTW, I just got a Dell FP2001 for $350. Hahahahahahha..craigslist..

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a tiny (16"?) Dell Dimension and a Dell 2001 widescreen. I gladly paid the extra $250 to get it straight from Dell so I didn't have to deal with craigslist people.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:16 AM

I will be experimenting with game controllers in the next week or so. I'll let you all know.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am using a game controller. It's in the beta phase now, so it's only good for limit games and folding a lot early on. With a little better controller, one with an analog joystick (aka profitstick), it should be ready for the bubble pooshfest. The software running it is Pinnacle Game Profiler. I also have a separate USB number pad for typing in bets and a trackball hooked up for a backup/alternate mouse.

The chair is from Ikea... Malung I think is what it's called.

The rabbit is the cutest [censored] little [censored] bastard in the world.

Not pictured: awesome girlfriend who was cooking me dinner while I was drinking and gambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've a wireless bluetooth number pad (the one from the DiNovo Logitech Desktop) and I use it both to move between tables, and to put bets in (the "-" key goes all-in, "." folds and "Enter" calls, with "+" for raise). Sooo much easier than using the mouse.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:55 PM

Can't be good for you to have your neck twisted like that for hours on end. You should mount those monitors on boom stands or a low desk or something.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

FYI I've owned those shorts since 1996 and I haven't been "cool" ever. Those shorts make me downright dapper for either an engineering grad student or an internet poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. (Holding an engineering degree, I reserve the right to make fun of jean shorts forever.)

Also, your bunny is cute, and my 2 greyhounds would love to meet it for dinner sometime.

-downtown
Old 08-12-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't be good for you to have your neck twisted like that for hours on end. You should mount those monitors on boom stands or a low desk or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I swivel the chair 90 deg sometimes so I'm facing at them or looking left at them. It's a very versitile setup. I would like a boom stand though, especially if I get a second 2001 when I build my dedicated poker computer.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

FYI I've owned those shorts since 1996 and I haven't been "cool" ever. Those shorts make me downright dapper for either an engineering grad student or an internet poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. (Holding an engineering degree, I reserve the right to make fun of jean shorts forever.)

Also, your bunny is cute, and my 2 greyhounds would love to meet it for dinner sometime.

-downtown

[/ QUOTE ]

Internet poker player?? Todd Brunson didn't bother to change his jean shorts nor to degrease his mullet for at least one entire weekend of the WSOP. I dress way better than Todd Brunson.