Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Re: The Results Are In!!!! Time of Day---> ROI/ITM Correlation Test...

[ QUOTE ]
No, you're way to cute to ignore (I assume your avatar is a photo of you).

Anyways, if Swedes like us would like to turn pro it would be best to adjust our "working hours" to somewhere betwen 22-10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Omg your avatar is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life. Lol.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:17 PM

Thanks, Jesse. But besides adjusting all times to EST, I think there is another statistical issue to consider.

Is it possible that the results are skewed by the 2+2'rs who supplied you with data? I.e. if all the best players you polled prefer to play at night, wouldn't that improve the results for that time period?

I suspect it's both, that evenings are both fishier, and are when the best 2+2'rs make a living. Also my experience multitabling limit tables directly supports your conclusion, as I was always able to find higher VPIP tables in the late afternoons/early evenings (PST).
Old 08-11-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, Jesse. But besides adjusting all times to EST, I think there is another statistical issue to consider.

Is it possible that the results are skewed by the 2+2'rs who supplied you with data? I.e. if all the best players you polled prefer to play at night, wouldn't that improve the results for that time period?

I suspect it's both, that evenings are both fishier, and are when the best 2+2'rs make a living. Also my experience multitabling limit tables directly supports your conclusion, as I was always able to find higher VPIP tables in the late afternoons/early evenings (PST).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well isnt late afternoon for you early evening for those on the east coast? And early evening for you late evening for thoese on the east coast? Lol.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it is. If most of these results are from 10+1 it may not be all that valuable to a 100+9 player.

But basically all it does is that it somewhat confirms what we already suspected. The more players on the Party Poker network, the more beatable the games are.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would guess the 2+2'ers playing during the day are better for the same reason that the competition is better. schlubs like me are at work while pros are home playing.

does anyone play higher at night than during the day?
Old 08-11-2005, 01:21 PM

Very nice post. I'm just gonna have to keep living like some freaking vampire. No such luxury as daylight for us europeans [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks to the guy who converted the times to German time, I think it's like an hour off the time in Finland.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:25 PM

i play higher during the nights-- my regular game is 4 tables of $55's after 5pm and 9 tables of 22's before 5pm. i hate the $33's
Old 08-11-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Something Jesse didnt consider is that the times are totally client side, not server side based... In other words, what my time is on my computer is what's recorded on the spreadsheet. Hopefully though, most of the times are given in EST :P

[/ QUOTE ]

In the original thread, I gave directions for how to adjust your spreadsheet to any time zone. Depending on how people import their data into the sheet, it might be different. PT records all times Eastern, and there's a check box to correct that to your local time zone in the autoimport macro, but some people in other time zones might not use it.

Thanks a lot Jess. Now we've got something to point to when people ask "r the 22s getting hsrder in the day????"

SlimP
Old 08-11-2005, 02:16 PM

One question: Is the proportion of high buyin tournaments (109/215) higher during the "off-peak" hours?

It's not unreasonable to assume that the people playing the highest buyin tournaments are pros, and therefore play on a different schedule than the people with "real" jobs who only play during the night.

(meaning the effect of time may be exaggerated due to not also reflecting the lower average ROI)

Just a thought, it might not be true at all.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now we've got something to point to when people ask "r the 22s getting hsrder in the day????"

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how this happened about 1/2 hour after I posted.