Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: 10/20 6max: sure to cause a ruckus - QJo

I dont mean to give you too hard a time, but I dont think you realize how horrible this play is. Not only is the raise not+EV as he will usually either be tied or ahead and will fold those hands you do beat, it is costly to have people see you raise and fold to a threebet.
I specifically make a note on anyone that does this, and on hands where I have a decent showdownable hand with a ton of outs if behind like like middle pair top kicker with a flush draw I will often threebet turn raises hoping to maybe fold a better hand, not loose much if behind. I have a feeling the lags may see this and decide to start threebeting their gutshots when you raise for a free showdown with something like A6 on a 256k board making you fold the best hand.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:10 PM

props to you for posting this, now you know what not to do.

you can rest easy knowing that most of the time you would have lost the same anyway.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I specifically make a note on anyone that does this, and on hands where I have a decent showdownable hand with a ton of outs if behind like like middle pair top kicker with a flush draw I will often threebet turn raises hoping to maybe fold a better hand, not loose much if behind. I have a feeling the lags may see this and decide to start threebeting their gutshots when you raise for a free showdown with something like A6 on a 256k board making you fold the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize this is a horrible raise. I refer to it as "atrocious" in one of my above posts. It's horrendous. I didn't do it intending to fold to the 3bet, but that's how it worked out - and I only felt I could do so because I had not folded to any raises/3bets during this session and I was winding down, but I hadn't thought about the metagame implications quite so much..

Additionally, taking notes on players who do this is a good idea, too.

Thx for the input. Hopefully this will prevent me from making this type of mistake in the future.

Surf
Old 08-12-2005, 01:53 AM

what he have...just curious.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what he have...just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea. I folded - i assume a K(or i wouldn't have folded).

Surf