Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Where I fold my set...

for all of those advocating a call what happens if the card that fills up also makes a 4 flush?

nice fold!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:03 AM

bet the flop for more, check behind on the turn.

people please. check behind on the turn when you have a redraw and a scare card comes.

he gave you a big gift with that check. take it.

Old 08-11-2005, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the flop for more, check behind on the turn.

people please. check behind on the turn when you have a redraw and a scare card comes.

he gave you a big gift with that check. take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this actually and almost posted the same advice earlier. I realize that it potentially allows him to outdraw you, but I think that's a risk you should take here, especially if you don't feel you can call a raise on the turn. By checking, you're are taking a free card with a good number of outs to what will surely be the best hand, and furthermore, the best hand against what might very well be a huge holding by Villain which would mean a huge pay off. And assuming the fourth card to the flush doesn't hit (assuming the fourth one doesn't make your boat), you're inducing a bluff by him plenty of times which you can call assuming it's not too big. If he checks the river after you've checked the turn, you can safely value bet the river, which he'll likely call if he has anything since you've shown weakness. He certainly wouldn't check a flush on the turn and river. So I like the idea of taking the free card.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:00 AM

Firstly i agree that you should probably check the turn after him given the scare card. Once you've bet and been raised, given that he's passive post flop I think that this is a good fold.... I know I fold here for sure.

I think you can only call this if you have a good read that he's likely to be bluffing at the 3rd flush card or that he will bet big on the river even if the board pairs, given his passivity I dont think he's bluffing nor do I think implied odds justify a call.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:12 AM

Nice fold.

Bu if you are going to play 88 utg so raise pre flop .Hate to limp like that and you should alos.

But maybe you where mixin it upp but i hope ou rise somtimes whit 88 utg.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:46 AM

You made 2 mistakes here.
a)betting small on the flop
b)betting the turn

a) is mistake because if you want win sth with this hand you should start to build the pot right there

b) is more serious. General principle is : if you have good hand which can improve on the river but you have to fold after raise you should check. Common similair situation is when you have Ah Kc on As7h2h9h board and your opponent check to you; you check behind.

Best wishes !
Old 08-11-2005, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is this sort of thing useful to post, or no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think not all posters here think in this way and its certainly useful to show the light here.