Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: The \"Yay! I Suck at Pokaer! :) Lollers ;) \" Set Line Deep 5/10

[ QUOTE ]
With all those draws I couldn't resist reraising flop. You're laggy too aren't ya?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. with any combo draw i like to bet three all-in but i think shoving here has too much fold equity against an unimproved overpair to waste a set with. but yeah, against someone who knows, you gotta do this with the set too or their decision is way too easy.

fim
Old 08-10-2005, 12:44 PM

I like your line, but a lot of cards kill your action on the turn. Another line is to reraise the flop to $1,200. This is what you would do with a big draw, right? Get more money in now. If you have a LAG image and have bet your draws aggressively there is a good chance he'll put you on a draw and push.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like your line, but a lot of cards kill your action on the turn. Another line is to reraise the flop to $1,200. This is what you would do with a big draw, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think i would ever take this particular line with a draw given stack sizes.

fim
Old 08-10-2005, 02:29 PM

I love the line on the flop but I think you should bet weaker on the turn. Something like 300-400. If Villain doesn't know you that well he could assume that you have a draw and are trying to rep the 4 and get a good price. He will then probably try to price you out. A stop and go should get all of the money in on the river unless a scare card hits but either way the pot will be nice.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:41 PM

Yeah, i guess that line doesn't put enough pressue on him to lay down his hand. What line would you take with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ? Check-raise?
Old 08-10-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, i guess that line doesn't put enough pressue on him to lay down his hand. What line would you take with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ? Check-raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
With the big draws you either get just a little in on the flop, or everything. you don't get half your stack in out of position.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:58 PM

looks good, but like a couple others i would bet a bit less on the turn, in hopes it will be more likely to elicit the big pot-committing raise from AA/KK.

will make it appear more that you are either:
a) 'pricing yourself in' on your draw. or
b) 'seeing where you are at' with 1010/JJ.

it has just been in my experience when against a big pair in a spot like this, a larger bet will just get called. i think they believe that another big bet will be coming on the river, and they can just call it, winning the most against a bluff/smaller overpair, and losing the least against a flopped set.

but the smaller bets loved to be raised, usually to the point of committment, and you can go ahead and get the rest in.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:07 PM

I like this line.

Fim if you are flat called on the turn you lead the river for $1300 or so?
Old 08-10-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love the line on the flop but I think you should bet weaker on the turn. Something like 300-400. If Villain doesn't know you that well he could assume that you have a draw and are trying to rep the 4 and get a good price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

If he reads you for a big draw, he might come over the top of a weak lead on the turn and get the money in for you.

Calling the flop raise and leading for $750 says "I know exactly what you have and you're beat" and you might lose him, since he knows he's in for his stack if he doesn't fold the turn. $300-400 says "I like my hand, but I'd like to get to the river."

River's obviously an auto-push. I'd really hope for a blank so that it looks like a bluff.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:37 PM

Call the turn and lead the river.(depending on the river card) He'll think you are stealing.