Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 07:19 AM

Default Re: hand vs. mike l.

If mike l. had a pair I don't think he has KK, QQ, or JJ. He might have a decent ace or pair smaller than tens (which might mean set) but it's hard to tell.

Against mike l. I'd play a little defense here and call down. You might feel dumb when it doesn't work but it doesn't always cost you 5 small bets since sometimes you spike a set and sometimes mike slows down.

~ Rick
Old 08-08-2005, 12:22 PM

"BTW I think its next to impossible for all but handfull of people to beat a ten handed 40-80 game seeing 40% of the flops."

I've yet to meet any of that handful. But all of us have had "rushes" where we've seen 40% or more of the flops for a short period of time.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:24 PM

4-bet and fold to a 5-bet.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"BTW I think its next to impossible for all but handfull of people to beat a ten handed 40-80 game seeing 40% of the flops."

I've yet to meet any of that handful. But all of us have had "rushes" where we've seen 40% or more of the flops for a short period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably right, I doubt its possible, at least at that limit.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Mr. Guifre, you\'re wrong again . . .

My VPIP for my last 10,000 hands of non-50/100 and 1-2 games is 41%. You really don't think I'd mop that game up?

TSP
Old 08-08-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Mr. Guifre, you\'re wrong again . . .

[ QUOTE ]
My VPIP for my last 10,000 hands of non-50/100 and 1-2 games is 41%. You really don't think I'd mop that game up?

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

Your VPIP includes your shorthanded play. Im only talking about ten handed poker.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:57 AM

Default a note on bluffing, and the 73o hand with full details

"either mike has an ace and will call down or will keep bluffing."

youre right about the first part but ive become really good at stopping bluffing once i realise it's a hopeless cause.

for instance in the 73o hand that hero referenced: i had 73o and preflop when she villain raised i decided she had been raising too much for my liking. i had seen her raise with 65s in a short game with me awhile back, so i decided if it was folded back to me i would mess with her no matter what i had. also, she had previously given me way too much respect, and by previously i meant in earlier sessions, ive played against her for years now. the table had not fully pegged me as lag at that point by any means.

anyway i call with 73o. the flop comes KT4. i checkraise her, she calls. the turn is a 6, i bet she calls. at that instant i realise from her body mannerisms and the whole mood of the thing that im getting called down for sure and that i must check the river and showdown my 7 high and save the $80. but the 5 comes in and so i bet again fearing she'll check behind QQ or AQ or something and she calls and i say youre not gonna like this and flip up my hand the whole table has a big laugh and she gets irate and tells me i have no respect for her and im a pos. later on after she's cooled down and won some pots i joke with her that it's not nice to get angry at the fish when they go wild on you and she buys me a whiskey and coke and everything's fine. also i made a bunch of comments about how she'll get all the chips in the long run from me and other stuff i dont at all believe to be true. because, you see, im thinking against these weak self taughts. and ive got balls. and that accounts for a lot in this game.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:03 AM

"He certainly plays looser at times"

in general preflop im loose with raises and reraises and tight with calls.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:10 AM

"seeing 40% of the flops"

i was not seeing 40% of the flops. i was seeing maybe 25% if that. i was raising a lot preflop and stole the blinds many times more than usual. btw while i did play some mediocre hands (raising one fish limper with QTo and A8o stuff) i was also getting a lot of good pocket pairs and big aces and kings. sometimes that just happens. i remember a 30 game at bellagio mason was in like 4 years ago and i had just sat down and i raised preflop 8 times in a row and the worst hand i had was QJs and 88.

nevertheless i was playing much looser than normal and calling in the bb w/ a lot of hands. it clicked perfectly with the table and gave me all sorts of excess action on my good hands. also the weak self taughts were completely thrown out of their comfort zone and they felt forced to play back at me which fortunately they are not very good at. that said, it was exhausting.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:13 AM

"If he knows that you know he is Mike, and he knows you have read his posts on this particular forum then you should know that he knows he is going to use that knowledge to his advantage."

dingdingdingdingding we have a winner!!!