Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: check-raised with TP3K

(blind)
I think you have to fold this hand since you have no idea on this player. I might have even checked this on the flop to protect against the exact thing that happened here, the check raise.

He called your 3bb raise pf, and now on that board check/raises you. That smells of AQ, AK, AA, QQ.
I would have only bet around 1/2 the pot on this flop as well, because if he is going to fold to 3k he is going to fold to 2k.

I think you are behind more times than you are ahead here.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

How is folding ATs UTG at a full table a bad move? I mean limping is one thing, but bringing it in for a 3BB raise can't be a +EV play.

It seems that a lot of people justify playing this hand up front because they do it often, but that does not change the quality of this hand.

UTG I would not play this for a raise unless I was 5-handed or less.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars $33 Rebuy, Blinds 200/400 a25

Stacks in play are above average, but we are still far from the bubble.

2 folds, I open for 1200 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (24K), MP calls (19K), 2 folds, SB calls (28.5K), BB folds.

Only one orbit or so at this table. No read on either opponent. I took the blinds on the hand immediately before this with a 1200 raise. Otherwise, they have no read on me (as far as I know)

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Pot=4200)

SB checks, I bet 3000, MP folds, SB raises to 11200. Hero…???

18400 in pot. 8200 to call. If I push, it’s 12K to him with over 38K in the pot.

MLG and I discussed this briefly. I’m interested in hearing what the rest of you think I should have done with this flop.

Thanks,
Che

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-10-2005, 09:56 PM

With no reads and such an early orbit played you should probably fold the hand, esp since u dont know how tight the players are