Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: I am so proud of myself

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have one of those hand % generators in front of me now, but A8s vs. Jx and 94s is a nice favorite, I'm sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it is a favorite. Like one of the posters said I have no reads (except that the usual player won't stop betting unless someone raises them).

As 8s 42.26%
Kd Jd 38.29%
9d 4d 19.00%

Ok here they are. Lets say the flop missed everybody, this is where I get outplayed due to my lack of reads.

Qc 7d 3s
I proceed with my continuation bet. KJd will probably call me (wow I got a backdoor flush). Sometimes I even see 94d call me in that spot too.

turn 6c. Now I check. KJd decides to take a shot at this pot by betting. Now eventhough I have the best hand, I can't call nor can I bet this hand! I do not know where I am!

So I don't consider myself a 42% fav, little bit less. So with their unpredictable, but still donkified actions, they're actually the favorite. And until I can figure their donkified ways, I just can't raise with hands that have little edge statistically
Old 08-05-2005, 06:48 PM

with their unpredictable, but still donkified actions, they're actually the favorite.

You realize you're both insulting them and saying they play better post flop than you right?
Old 08-05-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets say the flop missed everybody, this is where I get outplayed due to my lack of reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your reason for not raising is you're afraid you'll get ouplayed postflop? Perhaps you should study and be learn to play these situations when you have no reads, or stop playing SH. It's not like your opponents in the hand have reads on you either, so they don't have any informational advantage on you.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok here they are. Lets say the flop missed everybody, this is where I get outplayed due to my lack of reads.

Qc 7d 3s
I proceed with my continuation bet. KJd will probably call me (wow I got a backdoor flush). Sometimes I even see 94d call me in that spot too.

turn 6c. Now I check. KJd decides to take a shot at this pot by betting. Now eventhough I have the best hand, I can't call nor can I bet this hand! I do not know where I am!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't bet or call the turn with A high, and yet know that your opponents will call the flop with a worse hand, then you are indeed being outplayed postflop. And failing to raise with A8s is not your biggest worry by a longshot.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with their unpredictable, but still donkified actions, they're actually the favorite.

You realize you're both insulting them and saying they play better post flop than you right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct! I find in the beginning my opponnents try to outplay me every single time until I showdown a couple hands. Sure they'lltake down couple small pots when they were behind, but they'll pay me off big when I am ahead.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can't bet or call the turn with A high, and yet know that your opponents will call the flop with a worse hand, then you are indeed being outplayed postflop. And failing to raise with A8s is not your biggest worry by a longshot

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you see thats the problem I don't KNOW if they're calling me with 3rd pair or nothing at all. How am I supposed to know on the first hand, whether this person is a super calling station or just a semi-calling station? Later on when I figure that out, they won't outplay me as much.

What is my biggest worry Harv?
Old 08-05-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct! I find in the beginning my opponnents try to outplay me every single time until I showdown a couple hands. Sure they'lltake down couple small pots when they were behind, but they'll pay me off big when I am ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

that line of thinking will get you killed in 6-max. If you're folding anything marginal->below you won't be able to make back enough in the big pots to cover what you lost in all the small ones. Sklansky has a chapter on this in HPFAP. You give your opponents an automatic edge if you're giving up a lot of small pots.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are so many things wrong with this statement. First off, if you are better at poker than they are, even though they are trying to outplay you, you should easily be able to outplay them, especially at .5/1. Second, I fail to see how always folding if there's even a chance of you being beat and then only showing down winners will get you action on later hands. When I see someone folding too much and only showing down the best hand, that usually means he's a rock, so they'll stop giving you action on your good hands, not give you more.

P.S. The OP is the most results oriented thing I've ever seen. Would you be posting saying "I am so proud of myself" if they had shown down AKo and A7 that just rivered a worse 2 pair than you had?
Old 08-05-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you should study and be learn to play these situations when you have no reads

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok fair enough. Tell me how you would play this hand
PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 4 BB
Old 08-05-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you should study and be learn to play these situations when you have no reads

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok fair enough. Tell me how you would play this hand
PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 4 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm raising the flop, so don't show the turn, because I'd like to see what the action is after that.

Also, it doesn't matter if I play this hand right, because I'm not claiming I'm good at SH, I'm just saying if you don't think you can beat it, you probably shouldn't be playing it.