Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Hurting with K/Q

He was most aggressive PF, and he made a continuation bet. He got no raise and is maybe expecting some trickery going on. Maybe AQ is ruled out here, but it's not THAT aggressive to pull a 3bet off with a high pair or a lower K.
Maybe you are right if i consider the limit, im not really familar with 2/4, not to even mention players on absolute...
Old 08-05-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've noticed that on Party, people who run out their stack on a hand usually win, especially the first time they run out. Sometimes the second time, too. I think the site gives them a winning hand to keep them playing. I don't know if they do this on Absolute.

[/ QUOTE ]I hope you're kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't have any exact figures, but it seems to me that people who are about to bust out, win the last hand they go all in on. I've even had it happen to me several times. On a table I was doing terrible on, getting bad cards, getting bad beats, just doing terrible, when I was on my last hand and went all in, I often, if not usually won that hand. And I am rarely in that situation, as if I realize my stack is running low, I reload so I have money to bet if I get a good hand. Out of the few times I have been in that situation, I have often won.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sometimes raise the last hand i play at a table, no matter what i have. I won a few times huge pots with crap, and might convince myself into thinking that... raising the last hand or raising utg has better chances of winning. But than my brain kicks in, i smile, and that's that.
But if you aren't joking with that theory: i heard rumors that the owner of Party Poker is an alien trying to enslave mankind. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 07:03 PM

KQ is green for me, KQs deep red [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]