Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: I AM FREAKING AWESOME! (No content)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Tilt Blocker would make me feel like I was wearing a bib.

/mc

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard about tilt blocker of course, but I have not ever seen a picture of it. Man that is the most weakest of all online poker innovation. Really pathetic. Grow some balls.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is just foolish. It's a tool that takes the money out of the game. You don't concern yourself with how much you are up or down and just focus on playing well. How is this pussying out?
Old 08-05-2005, 02:41 PM

Congrats on the Hand. I'm primarily poking fun at tiltblocker, and its users. Honestly though if it helps you, use it. I think in the long term though, you need to figure out what makes you tilt and deal with it head on. Until you deal with that, you are hiding from yourself.

Covering up your money is ignoring information that could possibly help ID how others may view you. It could of course lead you to be underfunded unknowingly. However, I think the biggest problem is that it is a sign that you have not dealt with your tilt problem... but you already know that. Nobody likes to lose money, but it shouldnt bother you too much if you truly understand that winning players get it back plus some....so it doesnt matter. Each bet is an investment. Tilting is silly.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is this pussying out?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are hiding from the fact you maybe temporarily losing money. You have a problem of tilting sometimes when temporarily losing money, and you think covering up the amount of chips you have in play is dealing with an emotional problem/misunderstanding of the nature of poker. Smells like um.. 'Sniff 'Sniff to me.

I'd strive for keeping it real. Know whats at stake. Know that you are a winner that will sometimes lose. Train yourself to ride through the temporary setbacks without getting flustered. When things get ugly, man up and take pride in playing great while knowing that others facing the same set of circumstances would act like a little bitch and steam off extra chips.

Old 08-05-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How is this pussying out?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are hiding from the fact you maybe temporarily losing money. You have a problem of tilting sometimes when temporarily losing money, and you think covering up the amount of chips you have in play is dealing with an emotional problem/misunderstanding of the nature of poker. Smells like um.. 'Sniff 'Sniff to me.

I'd strive for keeping it real. Know whats at stake. Know that you are a winner that will sometimes lose. Train yourself to ride through the temporary setbacks without getting flustered. When things get ugly, man up and take pride in playing great while knowing that others facing the same set of circumstances would act like a little bitch and steam off extra chips.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you assume I use it to cover up my money and hide myself from when I'm losing? I think knowing you're up 100BBs can be just as detrimental to your game as knowing you're down 100BBs. I understand the game and that winning players will lose and I should play through it, which I do. I just think that if you have no idea where you're at stack-wise, you take a possible psychological obstacle out of the game. How is that a bad thing?

I buyin for 50BB and I play full, so maybe it's different for SH.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:03 PM

"I think knowing you're up 100BBs can be just as detrimental to your game as knowing you're down 100BBs."

Neither should... which is my point. If it does then you can either try and trick yourself with some gimmick...such as tiltblocker... or stop hiding and get yourself to a point where neither being up or down effects the QUALITY of your play.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:07 PM

Congrats, but next time block the hand #'s in the right corner if you are trying to protect your screenname.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I think knowing you're up 100BBs can be just as detrimental to your game as knowing you're down 100BBs."

Neither should... which is my point. If it does then you can either try and trick yourself with some gimmick...such as tiltblocker... or stop hiding and get yourself to a point where neither being up or down effects the QUALITY of your play.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is true, and I felt that way when I played my regular 3/6 limit. I've recently moved up to higher limits, and I'm easing myself into the money not being a factor, and the program is helping with that. Once I get enough hands in, I'll be able to get rid of the blinders.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:24 PM

I think that coping with tilt is a lot more realistic strategy than saying "i shouldn't tilt" and then doing nothing about it.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that coping with tilt is a lot more realistic strategy than saying "i shouldn't tilt" and then doing nothing about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm working on it. I was 2 tabling here, so it was about a 3 hour session. It's really rough being in the red for most of the session, but I got a couple safe rivers and pulled out of the red. I'm relieved.

PS The 2p2ers started sweating me about 300 hands in.
PPS at the lowest point (-34.5BB) my downswing was -135BB in 2 days, which I guess isn't horrible, but I certainly didn't enjoy it.

Thank god for fish right?
Old 08-05-2005, 06:47 PM

Seriously man, you have to get used to this stuff.

Here's yesterday's session, I don't see how you can let this stuff bother you and still enjoy the game.