Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Talk me out of buying this vehicle...

think about what has happened in this suv.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will help you. Nothing says White Trash like a Caddie. The only worse car you could maybe get would be the Mustang or Corvette they scream White Trash with Small Penis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the Escalade has a drug dealer/athlete rep. But just consider what it would be like to own a car that used to belong to an NFL superstar. Usually, a sports car this "cool" would run for 6 digits... but here I have a chance to buy an extremely unique car for 35K. The vertical doors + the former owner outweigh all the cons IMO.

Keep the posts coming

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't references the drug dealer aspect. I was referring to Caddies in general, they are what poor people aspire to own. They are junk dude your 18 pimp an Audi or something you will get more ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get your drift... I don't know, to me I'd come across as more of a tool by buying some lame sports car like every other kid with money. If I get this Escalade, impressing girls will not be one of my main motivating factors. It's cheesy in my mind to aspire to a sedan like all the other kids in my demographic group.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you lying to of course girls are your motivating factor you are 18 its cool we were there. My point is something classy not cheesey. You are right you may be too young for an audi. There is always volkswagen's Suv. Anything just not a Caddie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my take on it - I would find it extremely sleazy if girls were interested in me only because of my car. Of course I'm interested in girls, but I think it's tacky to try to impress them with money. I highly highly doubt I will actually buy this Escalade, but I think you understand where I'm coming from with this argument.

Don't destroy your bankroll, i live in boston and that car is a little over the top for it (not to mention there is no parking for frosh at BC and it's all residential in the area)

I recommend you keep playing SnG's for another year work on your studies and pick up a car next summer, just get a nice non ghetto coupe sports car to pick up all the jcrew clone girlies at your school in and pay it off on a 60 month loan to avoid putting your bankroll in danger

i'm speaking from experience... i'm 21 just graduated from college in boston and despite making alot of money playing poker JUST got my first car... albeit a sick one

I lived in a college town where vehicle's would get trashed on a regular basis (mainly drunkasses on the walk home from the bar), or they would get robbed of something from the vehicle.

After seeing the vehicle (it's not too bad, just may be a lot more in gas along the way), I'm sure it would be a target to theft/vandalism. Have you thought about a plan to keep this out of public view?
Old 08-04-2005, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
think about what has happened in this suv.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weed? whatever, I can't say I wouldn't smoke in this vehicle

Sleazy hoes? that is a bit weird, haha

Still, they weren't just any hoes, they were JEROME BETTIS's! That's gotta be worth something.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I lived in a college town where vehicle's would get trashed on a regular basis (mainly drunkasses on the walk home from the bar), or they would get robbed of something from the vehicle.

After seeing the vehicle (it's not too bad, just may be a lot more in gas along the way), I'm sure it would be a target to theft/vandalism. Have you thought about a plan to keep this out of public view?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually my #1 concern. In response to another poster, I don't actually plan to drive the car to Boston as a freshman, because it would be so difficult to find parking, plus I don't need a car up there anyway. It would be for the 4-month summer break, winter break, and other breaks. As an upperclassman, I'd consider driving it in Boston.

I'm guessing I would just park it in my parents' garage while I'm at school.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:01 AM

you can do better for 20Gs. the market adds some value to the car just because it was bettis'. to be honest, unless you are insanely rich, its a waste of money.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't destroy your bankroll, i live in boston and that car is a little over the top for it (not to mention there is no parking for frosh at BC and it's all residential in the area)

I recommend you keep playing SnG's for another year work on your studies and pick up a car next summer, just get a nice non ghetto coupe sports car to pick up all the jcrew clone girlies at your school in and pay it off on a 60 month loan to avoid putting your bankroll in danger

i'm speaking from experience... i'm 21 just graduated from college in boston and despite making alot of money playing poker JUST got my first car... albeit a sick one

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be worried about destroying my bankroll, but I prefer to just crush the lower games than move up to the $109s and $215s, which I tried in the past with limited success... I only need $1650 (or conservatively, $2750) for the $55s, and I could even drop to the $33s with 50 buyins if need be. Right now I am WAY overbankrolled for the games I play. It would be tough but I think if I play a ton of games in August and then return to a normal pace of 2-3 hours a day during the school year that I can afford to buy the Caddy.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:10 AM

Your reasons for buying this are callow, but I say go for it- in about ten years or so, you will have learned the error of your ways. You are way too set on saying, "Yeah, you like it? You know who I bought if from?" for anyone to talk you out of it.

So I say, blow the cash, but please save some for the PokerStars 100-200, (8pm EST) thanks.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:16 AM

I live in Kansas and actually more rich white people drive escalades than black people. The Escalade seems to be what rich white people around here want.

I say dont buy the car. You will look like a jackass riding around in it.