FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm bad at poker, and I was confused by the donkbet, so I called. I spiked by 5 on the river, he checked, I bet, he called, he showed AT and MHIG, but I definitely should have folded the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be results oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, I think you played it perfect

[/ QUOTE ]

Including the turn call? If so, what's the reasoning?

[/ QUOTE ]

A SnG is alot of bad players' WA/WB line

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. Actually, the more I think about this hand, I think I've leaned back to the call idea, as I realize I'm already splitting with A7 or worse, I've got 6 outs to a split against AT/A9, 4 split outs against A8, 2 against AJ, and the only hand I'm actually dead against is AQ. There's a lot more hidden outs than I thought at the time, so I guess the call wasn't as bad.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting. Actually, the more I think about this hand, I think I've leaned back to the call idea, as I realize I'm already splitting with A7 or worse, I've got 6 outs to a split against AT/A9, 4 split outs against A8, 2 against AJ, and the only hand I'm actually dead against is AQ. There's a lot more hidden outs than I thought at the time, so I guess the call wasn't as bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if you take 3 full outs for the two pair and maybe ~2 outs for the split you don't get the odds to draw.
If you think you are behind you should fold here, if you think there is a good chance you are still good you should call down, but IMO we are not good here often enough.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Re: I play bad.... A5s vs Turn Donkbet

grunch

Preflop: I usually don't call here Axs unless there's a couple of limpers in front of me.

Flop: Raise is good here to protect our hand and outs. We have about 6.5 I think (if not the best hand).

Turn: Here's where I'm not sure whether to raise for value against a donk bet and whether we want to protect our hand against the player behind us. I think I like raising more because if you're worried about a biger A you can still improve to two pair, you have fold equity against the player behind you and a little tiny bit against the bettor, and if he calls it gives you the option of checking behind on the river and seeing a showdown for the same price as a call down.