Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you followed the 12 step program and been reformed?
I'm trying soooo hard, but it is difficult to break away from the mind numbing, circlular and tourtured logic of the Liberals.....I'm trying!! 2 20.00%
I haven't even read the 12 step program because I am so full of myself that I call myself a PROGRESSIVE because I am ashamed to call myself a Liberal, which is really what I am. 0 0%
Huh? What the...where's the bong man? Oh yeah, Bush sucks man. Let's go protest somewhere about something....but don't forget the bong dude. 4 40.00%
No - I was raised properly, think critically and logically, and have never been a liberal, ever. 4 40.00%
Yes! Thank you for sharing the remarkable insight! 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Do you support?

Well say the house next to you allows all this prostution and drug use at their house, they have people coming over late at night, usually partying and loud noise, now you could call the police and they will give them a citation but then again tomorrow more of the same. It also devalues everyone elses property in the neighborhood if your neighbor hood has a lot of drug users and prostution. You even said it yourself these people are inclined to steal (granted if you legalize it prices will go down, but its shown more people in the lower class do these things so some will still have to steal to get the money) If these people live near you, crime rate could go up as well.

I know we imprison more of our citizens than any other country, but if we locked these people up longer say 5 years on a drug possession offence they wont be coming back in when they get out. Now we lock them up for a short time and they keep reappearing back in the prisions, because their not scared of the punishment. Its not cheep but I'd rather have them in prisons than on the streets. Also most of the people that are in jail aren't these people that just mind their business that do weed at home, how would they get caught? Most of these are busted in drug deals or they violate another law and get searched and the police find this stuff on them, these people usually have more than just the drug issue hanging over their head.

You really think that people who are hiring prositiutes are really thinking aboug safe sex? You got to be kidding me here. You said "would you knowingly sleep with someone who had slept with a prostitue?" Of course not but when you sleep with someone your not saying "so have you slept with a prostitute before, how in the world do you expect someome to ask that? If prostution is so bad that you even have to ask your partner if they slept with a prostitution then thats really bad for society.

Oh wow you have college degree? wow you must be genius, I'm in college now and I'm not saying here, well yea I'm in college how about you? By the way what college did you go to?

"Don't adopt a stance like you're some grand authority on the matter if your age still has the word "teen" in it...trust me, I've seen plenty of stuff in my time." at 25 year old is talking like he knows everything there is to know "I've seen plenty of stuff in my time" your only 7 years older than me.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:57 PM

Someone has allready said most of this read all the posts please.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh wow you have college degree? wow you must be genius, I'm in college now and I'm not saying here, well yea I'm in college how about you? By the way what college did you go to?

"Don't adopt a stance like you're some grand authority on the matter if your age still has the word "teen" in it...trust me, I've seen plenty of stuff in my time." at 25 year old is talking like he knows everything there is to know "I've seen plenty of stuff in my time" your only 7 years older than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, no...you were saying that your high school experience has adequately prepared you to speak with authority about this matter, as if I am some thirteen-year-old, so don't try to turn this around like you weren't trying to essentially say, "Back off, I've been through high school." As to my college, I went to Texas A&M University, and I'm sure that next thing you'll do is to brag about how you're going to an Ivy League school or Stanford or Duke or some place like that, because now you think that you can run my ideas down because my university is not quite as prestigious as yours.

And, again, I was perfectly happy to address your opinions on their face value until you tried to pull rank on me. "Only 7 years older," huh? I guess I haven't seen more life in those seven years than you have in all your 18. Oh, and by the way, as you begin to run down my university, I'd like to point out that at least I know it's "you're, not your, only 7 years older." I learned that in high school.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:44 PM

Legalized prostitution has led to much more sanitary practices in other countries. The sex is protected and safer in most instances.

I mean seriously, do you think just because someone wants to use a prostitute they don't care if they get AIDS. You think that blowjob is that important to people. Have you ever thought that guys simply don't get enough sex and it's a natural desire, not that they are some sort of depraved loons.

Your objections stem from growing up in the Judeo-Christian ethic. The idea that sexual impulses are somehow "bad" or "wrong". They are part of live. I find the problems created by trying to supress those feelings seem to have thier own nasty consequences.

As for drugs, harsh sentences didn't work during prohibition. You could get life sentences for possession of tiny amounts of alcohol.

Of course, smarter people then myself realized this:

Mark Twain, Letter to the Alta Californian newspaper, May 28, 1867:

"Prohibition only drives drunkenness behind doors and into dark places, and does not cure it, or even diminish it.

Illinois State Representative Abraham Lincoln, 1840:

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."
Old 07-30-2005, 06:10 PM

I think legalization of drugs (not necessarily without any regulation) is correct morally and would be extremely beneficial to society.

I think prostitution should be legal, but don't really care that much.

I'm ambivalent about abortion. I think it should be somewhat restricted and somewhat shameful. I don't want people to have to use a hanger on the one hand, but I don't want it to be treated as routine birth control on the other hand.

I lean slightly against the death penalty because of mistakes that can be made and because of the costs. But, I don't have a problem with killing some people if you can really be sure about what they did.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
at 25 year old ... your only 7 years older than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. 18 years old. Prime age for military service.

q/q