Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 06:21 AM

Default Re: flipping coins in a $33

Read is irrelevant here, you should call.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bryan, very very easy fold. Don't think about it, move on. Don't deliberate, move on. Don't let all these punks convince that your read is good so call, because it doesn't matter.

In fact, the above comment reminds me a ton of the fishy players thought process. "I think you're bluffing, so I call." And obviously with no regard to their cards.

Anyway, fold. Feel good about it.

Scuba

95% its a coinflip
5% you're completely dominated

[/ QUOTE ]

Scuba??? You are risking 650 chips to win 1150, and yet you want to fold because you think that 5% of the time you will be dominated. This is really terrible math.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Scuba??? You are risking 650 chips to win 1150, and yet you want to fold because you think that 5% of the time you will be dominated. This is really terrible math.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have said this many times before, and it has been said many times before. At a higher level, or a competent table, I might make this kind of call. But these monkeys make so many mistakes on the $33s, that I believe these kinds of decisions can be avoided for more profitable ones.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now, I'll be the first to admit that I should be asleep in bed rather than sitting in my chair playing with Eastbay's tool, but assuming I plugged things in correctly calling is +1.9% $EV against any two. Do you really think I can do better than that in the next few hands with my ~5BB stack?

I suppose we can also debate how important an accurate read is here, but dammit man, I can see into my opponents' souls.

[/ QUOTE ]

22 is a problematic hand. To say the least. If your opponent has so much as suited cards, you are an immediate underdog. Against a measly 8s4s you are a 47.5%-52.5% underdog for example, so.... I wouldn't bet with it.

Albert
Old 07-29-2005, 10:42 AM

This is an easy call. 22 never loses especially if thats a 2+2er.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:47 AM

You are getting 1.76:1 odds on a little less than a coinflip. I think people are over discounting all of the dead chips in the pot. This is a really easy call for me.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have said this many times before, and it has been said many times before. At a higher level, or a competent table, I might make this kind of call. But these monkeys make so many mistakes on the $33s, that I believe these kinds of decisions can be avoided for more profitable ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero's M is not even 4. And the blinds will go up soon. This is an easy call.