Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Thanks all, and a thought on \"how I\'m running\"

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the thread here, Skipper, and to everyone for their congrats and well-wishes. Mommy and baby have left the hospital and are both now resting at home, healthy and happy.

As my wife was getting close to delivering the other night, the hospital staff was rushing around in a panic -- 2 crash c-sections back to back, twins for the woman across the hall not looking good on the monitor, and another girl with her baby showing some kind of arythmia in her heartbeat. These poor kids are fighting for their lives before they're even born (and no doubt their moms and dads were basketcases) while I'm fortunate enough to be painlessly adding another perfectly healthy and beautiful baby girl to my family (already have a 3-year old who's probably already smarter than I am). As I was trying to process all of this, I felt pretty embarrassed about the last string of beats that I remembered whining about taking at the tables. While I may run hot and cold playing poker, there's no doubt I'm on the sickest heater ever in life dating back to, well, about the day I was born. I truly hope all of you can say the same thing, and that it will continue for all of us indefinitely.

--Zen

[/ QUOTE ]

Again Zen, congrats. It is too bad that it, often times, takes others' misfortune to put our own lives in perspective. The best quote that I ever read about fatherhood was from this tragic post.

[ QUOTE ]
It is an odd phenomenon that men start life so selfish and end it so humbled by their devotion to others. My children transformed me into a better person than I could have ever reached on my own.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-28-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Thanks all, and a thought on \"how I\'m running\"

Congrats Zen. Had I been there, I would have made sure to yell "Ship it!" right as your wife was going into labor. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]