Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Got the \"pop up\" from Eurobet

Just got the popup from Eurobet. I only have PE installed on my computer and I was using it at the time.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just got the popup from Eurobet. I only have PE installed on my computer and I was using it at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However...it's still a little scary when you play for a living and can't afford any crap going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play for a living and NEED a program like PE and PO to help you win, you might consider another career path. But what do I know, I'm only a cat.

Meow.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However...it's still a little scary when you play for a living and can't afford any crap going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play for a living and NEED a program like PE and PO to help you win, you might consider another career path. But what do I know, I'm only a cat.

Meow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't need it, but it makes things a whole lot easier.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:20 AM

Don't get me wrong. I have used PT the past few years, but it was mostly just to evaluate my own game. Only recently have I used GT+ and been intregrating my opponent's stats into my decisions.

Before, I just liberally used the player notes, which I think is the single most powerful feature in online poker.

As I have said before, not all 22%/12%'s are alike and neither is their knowledge level or particular style of play in a particular hand. You had better not be heavily basing your play on them.

I, for one, wish these sites would find some way to combat PT and other programs of the like cause they do allow lesser skilled players to compete with the better players. But then again, it's not so bad if these lesser skilled players deceive themselves into thinking they are better than what they really are cause they are winning.

As a wise cat one said, you are never playing as bad as you think you are when you are losing and you are never playing as well as you think you are when you are winning.

Meow.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:42 AM

Glad to see that PE's pathetic tactic of moving the application to a different folder and renaming it iexplore.exe hasnt worked.

Is that what they mean by negotiating?...
Old 07-27-2005, 03:51 AM

I also got the popup. I was only running PE at the time. I have since uninstalled it and canceled my subscription. I don't think it's worth the possible account closure.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:12 AM

Sorry to bump this thread. But I made some comments above about PV being uncooperative and teddy called me on it. He was right. My comments were both out of line and innaccurate. I finally spoke with Amir at PV yesterday and he said his firewall just dumped my previous attempts to reach him into his spam folder and he never received it. After getting in touch with him yesterday he was very cooperative and I'm now back to using PV. So since I did make the comments on the forum I figured I owe it to Amir to apologize on the forum and to retract those comments.

Matt
Old 07-27-2005, 02:02 PM

Yes, I have... I use an email account specifically for online poker sites (so I can use PT to automatically download hand histories and not worry about getting emails). Empire sent me one email about having a program that was not allowed (they did not identify it). Then they closed my account less than 48 hours after the initial email and identified the offending software as Poker Prophecy. This was a few weeks ago. I sent them email nicely requesting that my account be reopened and promising never to use Poker Prophecy again (in fact I uninstalled it) but they completely ignored that and a follow-up email.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the popup just tell you to stop using it or get banned? Or something else?

edit- couldn't find another thread on this topic in the last ten pages or so: is the PP network back up to speed?