Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: 30/60 Hand vs 2p2 terror

[ QUOTE ]
I never call one raiser from the SB. It's fold or raise, and K9 isn't strong enough to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been experimenting with just calling in the SB so that I'm not spraying as much in steal/resteal situations. Working out ok thus far.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never call one raiser from the SB. It's fold or raise, and K9 isn't strong enough to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been experimenting with just calling in the SB so that I'm not spraying as much in steal/resteal situations. Working out ok thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

...situations such as?
Old 07-26-2005, 07:36 PM

this is a great hand post flop, fun to analyze.

pre-flop the call is definitely loose. UTG a 20%PFR raising standards will be about top 17% of hands, plus factor in out of position and possibility of a BB 3 bet and I would have to really think about KJo. KQo is a begrudging call.

K9o an easy call out of the BB here HU (your post said you were in the SB but others have argued over the play out of the BB).

post flop you can play it any number of ways. 3 way you have very good equity, so leading is fine to trap BB between you and aggressor. I also think check calling flop and turn is good cause sthief makes a good point that no better hand is folding, but neither is a worse draw necessarily.

the river lead is awesome. His raise is possibly a mistake, but I don't hate it given your image, he also has to call the 3 bet I think.

interesting hand.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been doing the same.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Whats the weakest K you defend against this player in this spot?"

Probably AK...Maybe some Strong suited K's. KJs is about the worst I consider, and I'd think I was wrong for playing that, because KJ would still be on his lower range of raising standards and suitedness doesn't make up as much for weak high card strength in headsup/ 3way.

If I had your read, I may call KJo out of the BB... but that is as loose as I'd get.

[/ QUOTE ]

K9o i'd defend in my sleep against a 20PFR and i don't think its close. In the SB i thought it was close. Seems as if most people disagree though.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Whats the weakest K you defend against this player in this spot?"

Probably AK...Maybe some Strong suited K's. KJs is about the worst I consider, and I'd think I was wrong for playing that, because KJ would still be on his lower range of raising standards and suitedness doesn't make up as much for weak high card strength in headsup/ 3way.

If I had your read, I may call KJo out of the BB... but that is as loose as I'd get.

[/ QUOTE ]

K9o i'd defend in my sleep against a 20PFR and i don't think its close. In the SB i thought it was close. Seems as if most people disagree though.

[/ QUOTE ]

The big part of it is that he's raising UTG 6-handed, where he isn't a 20% PFR, but more like 14% PFR.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The big part of it is that he's raising UTG 6-handed, where he isn't a 20% PFR, but more like 14% PFR.

[/ QUOTE ]

More like 16-18% IMO
Old 07-26-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been doing the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

Surf
Old 07-26-2005, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...situations such as?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in an aggro game where you flop a draw a lead from the SB hoping to 3bet is great here. Also if you flop something vulnerable you have a big chance to force BB out or to call 2 cold on the flop with a checkraise.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...situations such as?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in an aggro game where you flop a draw a lead from the SB hoping to 3bet is great here. Also if you flop something vulnerable you have a big chance to force BB out or to call 2 cold on the flop with a checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's asking what situations you think it's a good idea to call an open-raise with from the SB(hands maybe?). Not sure though...and I'd be interested in that question as well... I don't understand the answer maybe?

Surf