Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Why does no one fold to turn raises?

Deranged:

[ QUOTE ]
Note the board here is pretty uncoordinated, and your opponent will not often fold a pair here

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought this gave my semi-bluff a bit more strength....as he may not have much to draw to if he thinks he is behind and might lend a bit more cedibility to my raise.

[ QUOTE ]
The J is not the most threatening turn card here, either, though it is nice that it's an overcard to the 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the flop were J high and the T turned, I think I don't make the raise.

Thanks for you input.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Why does no one fold to turn raises?

[ QUOTE ]
"Why does no one fold to turn raises?"

This is a good thing. Just don't bluff the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the player you're up against. Heads up is an ideal time to try this. The question is, what type of player do you try this against? A thinking player may know that you're capable of bluff raising in this spot and 3-bet you, a poor player will almost certainly call. So who might fold? Maybe a rock? Not saying you were doing this, but sometimes fancy plays can get you into trouble. Most of the time solid, straightforward poker wins because most players are too unaware to get bluffed out of a pot, and if they're not, they're too AWARE to allow a bluff to work. I like the idea here, giving yourself two chances to win, but don't be surprised / upset when you get called.