Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Why does everyone talk so bad about sunglasses?

Noone should get on your case for wearing shades in any game where there is that much money on the table.

I wear them whenever I'm playing 15-30 or higher, and sometimes at 8-16 too depending on the game. This idea that they kill the social aspect of the game is bunk. I played 15-30 last night where half the table including me was wearing sunglasses (I was wearing these, they're great because they're not dark at all) and the table was chatty, lively, and friendly.

Frankly I think people whine about sunglasses because they don't like playing against people when they can't see what the other player is looking at.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Noone should get on your case for wearing shades in any game where there is that much money on the table.

I wear them whenever I'm playing 15-30 or higher, and sometimes at 8-16 too depending on the game. This idea that they kill the social aspect of the game is bunk. I played 15-30 last night where half the table including me was wearing sunglasses (I was wearing these, they're great because they're not dark at all) and the table was chatty, lively, and friendly.

Frankly I think people whine about sunglasses because they don't like playing against people when they can't see what the other player is looking at.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the great sale price of $69.95, that's right folks, $69.95 you can look and feel like a pro!
Old 07-25-2005, 12:45 PM

Sunglasses help cut the glare off the cards, etc. under certain lighting conditions, esp. polarized ones. Useful if you are sensitive to light.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:46 PM

I wore sunglasses at the Borg last Sat...

of course, they were red lenses and you could see right thru them...I was just trying to look cool for all the clubbing girls at the Borg. who were walking thru with the tramp stamp on their back...LOL

RB
Old 07-25-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but the at the NL game the pots can get up to as much as 2-3K.

[/ QUOTE ]

for 1-2 NL? wow
Old 07-25-2005, 12:58 PM

I kind of like it when players wear sunglasses in a 1/2 NL cash game. It makes me feel like I'm at a high stakes table. I often get to chuckle to myself when I play a hand against one of these guys cause they will sometimes give me a staredown when I bet. I then pretend I'm at the WPT final table against some big name pro. I wouldn't wear the glasses myself because I'd probably misread my hand at some point. I'm actually not sure what they are supposed to help do, but it's funny and I kind of like it when others are taking it so seriously.

If I was in a limit poker game, I wouldn't chuckle as much, because in those games, hand reading and tells and all that stuff isn't as important. If I was playing a limit game with some sunglass wearing people, I would most likely hate them for being so lame.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For the great sale price of $69.95, that's right folks, $69.95 you can look and feel like a pro!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can pay alot more than that for a good pair of sunglasses. If they win you a single pot at 15-30 they're paid for, and then some.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they win you a single pot at 15-30 they're paid for, and then some.

[/ QUOTE ]

You betcha! It's like deodorant...gives you that extra confidence needed to win that pot! Me personally, I dont wear sunglasses inside. I dont wear my swimsuit on the ski slopes either. Call me crazy.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but the at the NL game the pots can get up to as much as 2-3K.

[/ QUOTE ]

for 1-2 NL? wow

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i know its hard to believe but anyone here who has played at the 1/2 nl game at the gold strike in tunica will tell you, the pots do get that big, and it happens often.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a new poster but I have been reading these forums for about a month now. I play in the NL games in Tunica, mostly at the Gold Strike. And for those of you who dont know it, that game is a 1/2 game, but there is usually between 5-10K on the table at any given time. I wear sunglasses at the table for my reasons. There are several other regulars that do the same thing. Why do some people berate the people that wear sunglasses at the table in a game like this. I would understand if it was some 2/4 limit game or something like that, but the at the NL game the pots can get up to as much as 2-3K.

So why do people berate others that wear sunglasses at a table?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Ivey put it best... "If you have to cover your eyes with sunglasses to not give off tells... you shouldn't be playing poker"

How ever i have person realized that my staring at them preflop and when they check there hands out of turn... behind me before i act, usually bothers them.