Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Daniel\'s answer to who he does and does not want to play

Let it go, Vince
Old 07-24-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can you claim that Ted Forrest is not a gambler? Go read The Professor, The Banker and The Suicide Kings as well as Barry Greenstein's anecdote about him and maybe you will change your mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm, i don't think you understood my post [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2005, 07:12 PM

If that's a reply to my post considering the very same post on fcp i meant, than i have to say that i didn't interprete the smilies the way you did. I really tried as i first read the comment, but i tought they were directed to Daniel.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:14 PM

Thanks Easy but the day I let the guy who thinks this is his forum scare me from saying something is definitely the day I stop posting. Let him ban me. He's good at that.

vince
Old 07-24-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Top players speak with there play. Daniel speaks with his mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh right. All the other players who have challenged anyone in the world at ultra-high stakes, allowing their opponents to choose the games, speak with their play while Daniel only speaks with his mouth. Oh wait, there aren't any others doing that, are there? Hmmm...maybe he also speaks with his play, huh?
Old 07-25-2005, 01:06 AM

When i say speaks with there play and not with there mouth. i mean most top pros have enough class to just play poker. They don't feel the need to bash people in public(although annie is annoying and i like hearing him bash her, but it doesn't make it right) and act immature. Point being they just play and don't have to tell everybody how good they are, and how bad his opponents are. Do you think you would ever hear Phil Ivey talk like daniel? You know why you wouldn't? Because he has too much class. He is a pros pro.

Why do you think noone else makes these challenges? Maybe they play to make money, and not just to prove how big a man they are? And just because daniel is the only one willing to make a challenge like this 1)doesn't mean he's proved he is a great player, just proves he doesn't care about money. 2) Again other pros are smarter and will look for better spots than risking there whole bankroll(or more like will never risk there whole bankroll) with only having a small edge(or is daniel's case a dog).

Btw i actually think daniel is a nice guy with a good heart if i had to guess. I just think he needs to come down from his high horse(he has always had a bit of a chip on his shoulder). Realize he is very fortunate to be in the position he is in(as there are many players that are better than him that will never been fortunate enough to get the year he had or the postion he's in). And to stop feeling the need to tell everybody how good he is, and how bad everyone else is. He is becoming like a younger different version of Phil Hellmuth. Only difference is he is genuinely a nicer person imo.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:17 AM

the challengers get to play whatever game they want, so why wouldn't someone like david grey pick their best game? who cares if he doesn't like to play triple draw if he is a good stud player?
Old 07-25-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the challengers get to play whatever game they want, so why wouldn't someone like david grey pick their best game? who cares if he doesn't like to play triple draw if he is a good stud player?

[/ QUOTE ]

not only that, who wants to play triple draw at all? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

sorry, i really haven't discovered the desire to play that one seriously
Old 07-25-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who cares if he doesn't like to play triple draw if he is a good stud player?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the guy that asked the question on DN's blog cared.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not only that, who wants to play triple draw at all? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

sorry, i really haven't discovered the desire to play that one seriously

[/ QUOTE ]

deuce to seven triple draw is a wicked fun game