Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: QQ UTG with a ton of action

[ QUOTE ]
On a side note, ajmargarine (directed to you since you've been quite helpful in this thread) - can you believe how badly both villains played this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys like the pocket 4's guy are the reason we make money at these games. I don't blame the second guy pushing IF he's coming in. He might as well push, and maybe you fold. Well, not you, but some might. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Kind of silly though for him to push with the middle guy all in: he should have thought of UTG being on a possible flush draw and that he should fold because even if he hits his hand it still might lose.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Trying to "hold up" in 212BB pots with 1 pair just isn't my cup of tea.

But cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is big because his preflop raise got called by a ton of people. His QQ still has a reasonable chance to be good because it's an overpair. He HAS to bet that flop, once he gets a couple of callers and a raise he HAS to call the raise. Stacks are so short that the other two people are likely pushing with draws or top pair here....if the stacks were much deeper, then this would be a different story, but the simple fact is they aren't, and I think hero played it the only way he could. Check/folding this J high flop with QQ is maybe the worst advice in the history of bad advice, which is basically what you are advocating by saying "don't build a pot." The pot was already built on the flop, he's gotta call the push, if he's beat that's poker, but you can't fold for 17 into a 105 pot with an overpair, jeez.

[/ QUOTE ]

People like you (who can't get away from a crappy overpair on the flop with 2 opponents pushing hard) are why people like me make money at online poker.

Stop thinking like it's a tournament hand. This is cash, fellas. And it's not worth it.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People like you (who can't get away from a crappy overpair on the flop with 2 opponents pushing hard) are why people like me make money at online poker.

[/ QUOTE ]If the only way you'd play this hand differently would have been to not call that last $17 and change, then I will push you around all day at my table.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop thinking like it's a tournament hand. This is cash, fellas. And it's not worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? This is exactly backwards. In a tournament, depending on many other considerations, a weak-tight fold "could" be the correct play, but in a cash game he's gotta call.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]If the only way you'd play this hand differently would have been to not call that last $17 and change, then I will push you around all day at my table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your PF raise is POINTLESS. It's simply pot-building in a multi-way pot which is what you DONT want with QQ.

And your leadout on the flop is terrible. You're giving everyone behind you odds to call with merely overs.

C/R the flop HARD. Find out if you're up against AA, KK, or JJ.

You couldn't have played this hand much more poorly. If you can't see that you made 3 vital mistakes on this hand then you have a long way to go. You held up (luckily) but you lost control of the hand PF.

Cheers.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:38 PM

I'm waiting for a clever rebuttal to this, but that will probably never happen because there is no argument left.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2005, 06:39 PM

Um, yeah, it was already discussed that the PF reraise should have been more. However according to you if you did make that big raise and got called by someone who then went crazy on that flop that you'd fold no matter the implied odds.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:40 PM

The whole hand plays differently if you raise more PF.

Stop comparing two totally different scenarios.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm waiting for a clever rebuttal to this, but that will probably never happen because there is no argument left.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]You do realize that nobody in this thread has agreed with you at all aside from raising more PF and that was said long before you posted.

How someone can be so cocky when they're being told they're wrong by everyone else is a gift, I think.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:42 PM

terrible reraise preflop. first, you probably shouldnt reraise. secondly, it was way too damn small