Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Can anyone here get away from this?

Hi arod,

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone here get away from this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most people on here get away from this quickly. The default would be to fold; you'd need a special reason not to. You also played your hand in such a way up to this point that makes it hard to win much from an observant opponent, because you overrepresented your strength with the small re-raise pre-flop, and the flop raise. I'd be more likely to put you on AA if I was your opponent, and I'd always call 30 more to spike a set. If I'm in your spot when your opponent makes it 20, I'd re-raise at least the size of the pot-- I'd make it 70-90 to go. This makes him make a decision pre-flop, and most folks will just lay 88 down, since they'll think they need a set to win, and can't get the 8 to 1.

Similarly, you should just call on the flop. You have a classic way ahead/ way behind scenario there; there are no good draws, and an overcard can't beat you. The only way to make more money is to convince someone with a smaller K to keep the lead. If you're behind, you probably have no outs or 2 at most (vs. a set: 0; vs. AA: 2); if you're ahead, your opponent has 2 or 3 outs (smaller PP or smaller K, respectively). Just let him keep betting.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:55 PM

What's funny about this is how bad the villain played his hand (results aside). This is as draw free a board as you can get, and a lot of players will play perfectly against his all in, laying down aa and ak and calling with KK. I think he's letting those hands off way too easy.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:29 AM

There are absolutely no draws and I doubt he would do this with KQ (or any other hand you beat). Maybe if the board was like K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you can pay it off, but not K82 rainbow
Old 07-23-2005, 07:34 AM

Call online fold live
Old 07-23-2005, 02:57 PM

Assuming your read on the villian isn't that he is prepared to put in a lot of money on a bluff vs someone who has shown strength pre and post flop (and you believe he thinks you would lay down AK in that situation), I would fold.

Of course, if I was tired I would assume he was bluffing and call. which is why I tend not to play when tired any more [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2005, 04:53 PM

this is an easy fold when shown lots of strength here like the previous poster said. What looks like a dream flop for AK is actually a dream flop for 88 or 33.

Muck it and hope to get him when you got the goods; this is a bad spot to put your chips in all in.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:55 PM

I hate your flop raise. but lets say you were doing it for info.

you got the info you wanted. play accordingly and fold.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:01 PM

I think those should be reversed.