Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Dress Sizes

Dude,

It's just like shorts. A 40 inch waist isn't that bad for a guy who is over 6 feet tall. A guy under 5'6" with a 40 inch waist is a monster tubbo.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:29 AM

Of course, this is all meaningless, because different stores/designers have different sizes.

Example: my fiance is size 6 for most things. Size 8 at a few of the stores in the mall that sell those skanky bar clothes. And size 10 for her wedding dress.

Women's clothes are f*cked.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus aren't there different levels that have the same sizes in them. My GF and I were at a store one day, and she was shopping in the "junior" section. I asked her if she could really wear kid’s cloths and she laughed at me. I guess it is a section on how you are shaped or something. I really have no idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

even more confusing is that I found out that "junior" sizes are all odd numbers, while all ladies sizes are all even numbers. So if your gf tells you she wears a size 7, you'll wander around all day if you wind up in the wrong section [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
even more confusing is that I found out that "junior" sizes are all odd numbers, while all ladies sizes are all even numbers. So if your gf tells you she wears a size 7, you'll wander around all day if you wind up in the wrong section [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

why would i be buying her a dress at all?
Old 07-21-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the same way with shirts and pants. I've bought my gf a shirt before and it was confusing as hell.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the same way with shirts and pants. I've bought my gf a shirt before and it was confusing as hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the solution to this. For her birthday/christmas/6 month anniversary/whatever tell her you want to take her shopping for clothes. Then, load up the flask, drive her to the mall, and drink yourself in to oblivion while she spends four hours deciding which red shirt she likes better. Pay. Go home & get laid.

This has the advantage of a) not having to think of a gift; b) not screwing up and buying clothes the wrong size; c) showing what a thoughtful wonderful blah blah blah boyfriend you are for taking her shopping without bitching.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:02 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

girls who find it necessary to list their dress sizes to attract guys are weird.

the smallest size i would ever fit into is a 9. i'd look pretty annorexic if i was ever smaller than that. i was a twig in 8th grade and that's what i wore back then. so i don't know what that means. i'm not even close to being that small anymore, either. boom ba ba boom ba ba boom. i'm doomed.

i hate shopping.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:05 PM

I was doing laundry last night and this thread prompted me to look. The GF had a skirt that was a size 5 in the afore mentioned junior class.