Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: Flop quiz for you newer guys

Equity is good, but the pot is getting large. I want to win it now. I like check/raising the CO.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Equity is good, but the pot is getting large. I want to win it now. I like check/raising the CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

True
Old 07-15-2005, 01:00 AM

First grunching post.
Personally, I would check, intending to raise when the CO bets to protect my hand. I have 5 outs to make two pair or better and a back door flush draw, so 6.5 outs total. Since this is a definate call and the bet will most likely come from our right, definate raise.

Also, betting outright will not protect our hand because we will be laying correct odds for gutshots and weak draws to call. Only by check-raising do we protect our hand.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:23 AM

This is a pretty standard c/r CO.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:28 AM

Easy. Check, with the intention of raising the CO after he bets, which he probably will. He might have a big hand and he might not, but your hand is too strong to fold. Youve got middle pair, plus an overcard and a backdoor flush draw (roughly 5 outs). The pot is laying you 9-1 which gives you better then the 8-1 you need to play. Since you plan on continuing you should try and narrow the field a bit with a check raise. He might re-raise since he's a fairly aggressive player and he might not. The importan thing in this instance however is to protect your hand and narrow the opposition.

Check raising is clearly the best option here.

If you were to bet out then all the other limpers would probably call and the CO might raise. All the limpers would certainly call if its only one bet back to them so by betting out you fail to narrow the field and improve your winning chances.

-Mike
Old 07-15-2005, 02:25 AM

What would you do if a non-club hit the turn and what if CO caps the flop?
Old 07-15-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I play? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] <font color="white">All-in baby! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
All Brad does is checkraise.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:47 AM

I'd probably check, expecting the CO to open the flop, then raise, facing the field with 2 bets. I hope to fold overcards, mostly, but folding A5 is good, too. If the CO 3-bets, I'll probably give him credit for beating my 8s. I call the 3-bet, and check/fold the turn if I don't get any sort of improvement: no club, no ace, no eight. If the CO just calls the raise, I lead a blank turn. The CO will probably have pot odds to draw for his 3-outer here, so I do, in fact, want AK and AJ to fold.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:56 AM

With 2 outs for the 8s, 1.5 for the discounted A, and another 1.5 for the BDFD, that comes to 5 outs. The pot's giving me 9.5 for my 4-1 hand with 3 to bet behind me. If I check with the idea of a c/r, the limpers check and aggro CO bets, if I raise it's 10.5-2 still giving me correct odds and 2 bets back to the limpers. If limper 1 checks, limper 2 bets and CO raises I think I just call at 12.5-2. I think a 3-bet would be spewage.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:02 AM

This is pretty much the same hand (mid pair, overcard, bdfd) that Miller used to introduce his Postflop section in SSHE. Standard checkraise the LP bettor to protect your hand yada yada yada...