Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2005, 01:04 PM

Default A little help

I've been searching the B&M forum for 30 minutes now in prep for my first B&M visit (The Taj for some 2/4 or 3/6 limit).

A few questions:

1) How do I handle running to the bathroom or going to get a bite to eat? Leave chips on the table? Do I have to do anything in terms of keeping the seat (e.g., tell a floor person? Announce to the table/dealer that I'll be back, etc.)?

2) I saw some other posts where people mentioned "Taking your cash from the table with you, but you can leave your chips" -- what on earth is that about? Am I supposed to have cash on the table while I play? (I was planning on a $150 buy-in, if that helps)

3) It sounds like, for safety's sake, using the valet parking is the way to go. Anyone know the cost of this at the Taj? Any more general safety advice?

4) Any other advice for a B&M first-timer? I'm frankly more worried about the logistics than I am about the card playing, which I seem to have a decent grasp on.

Thanks.