Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Biggest B&M Pet Peeves

[ QUOTE ]
Donk playing for the $60-min buy-in at 1/2 NL (all white meat I should add). Finally gets a monster, tries to peel a Benjamin off the roll sitting behind his stack when the river comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with this? Cash on the table doesn't play?
Old 07-14-2005, 02:47 PM

My personal biggest pet peeve is slow rollers. If they do it trying to piss me off, it's working. The old guys who get a deck change every hour on the hour (but try every 30 minutes) are a close second.

My biggest general peeve is people treating the dealers like crap. Last weekend a dealer told a guy that he couldn't push chips to his buddies. He protested, the floor was called, and he said they'd been doing it for hours, "and now this jerk-off says we can't." (He's obviously a regular, knows all the floormen by name, and they know him, goes into the kitchen area to get himself a Pepsi, etc... He sees the sign on every shuffling machine which says NO PUSHING, NO ABUSE).

Anyway, this guy is calling the dealer names to the floorperson, who whispers something in his ear (I think he was saying stop doing it until the next down) and he says, "He's just being an ass-hole..." I'm wondering when the floor is going to tell him to stop abusing the dealer.

Of course, you can guess what comes next. When he folds, he puts his cards outside the line, with one corner just close enough to touching it that John McEnroe would have a hard time making the call. He loudly proclaims that he's not tipping the guy (trying to bully the rest of the table into not tipping, as well) and when he won a pot, said, "Good, I like winning your pots. Push it here, boy."
Old 07-14-2005, 02:53 PM

Every time I read one of these threads, I feel like a lot of 2+2ers are really wound up way too tight. Just relax, have a few beers, and don't let any of this nonsense bother you. You'll have a lot more fun.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:55 PM

I do this (not often, and usually to someone I'm chummy with), but I also do it sarcastically making it clear I know I'm beat.

Mine are people who take forever to make the obvious decision. Calling 1 bet in a 20 BB pot on the river is almost always a simple decision (either way).

People who play with stupidly short buyins, going all in and re-buying like 10 times.

People who feel the need to justify their (bad) plays. Hey, you can play however you want. But I don't need to hear you tell me the pot was too big (and yet, you didn't have odds to call), or that you won with that hand earlier.

(almost always older) people who fall asleep at the table repeatedly. It's not the hotel room, gramps. As much as I enjoy banging on the table to startle people into waking up, even.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A variant of this that is just as bad is when they only show one card.

[/ QUOTE ]I get very annoyed by this, as well. It is worse when they peak at their top card, then their second, then only flip the relevant card over. Even worse is when they do this after I've already shown my hand down and they have the winner.

[ QUOTE ]
My second bigest pet peeve are the jackasses who think they are Johnny Chan and look up into the air during decisions like Chan did against Seidel in the WSOP hand from Rounders.

[/ QUOTE ]I look up when thinking through a decision sometimes. I don't like staring people down. In my defense, I play limit and have probably never taken more than five seconds to act in my life. I play quickly. Also, I'm asian.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You've got to love the table expert "Yep AK, I knew it!, that's exactly what I put you on, AK." Usually said by a regular but awful player while nodding his head and grinning, looking around for recognition from the other idiots.
I always just ignore them but just once I'd like to say "Motherf****r, you've never put anyone on anything in your entire life."

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL i'm totally w/ you. Usually there will be an idiot to concur from behind his visor and sunglasses.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:45 PM

People who complain about being sucked out at low-limit tables. I play 1-2 or 2-4. Sooner or later during every session someone will get outdrawn and then start complaining saying stuff like 'If this was no-limit I would have been able to force you out. This isn't real poker. blah blah blah.'

Well buddy, the no-limit tables are across the room. Buh-bye.

[ QUOTE ]
Air your grievances here

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-14-2005, 04:02 PM

I like to respond, if this is No Limit you would have lost more money. That usually shuts them up.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate it when people say 'I'll let you have it' as they fold like they are doing you a favor. You aren't letting me have it.. you know that I DO have it, so you are running away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see any problem with this, but I am not gonna fight with you. I'll let you have it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2005, 04:22 PM

Definitely a player at a 3/6 table giving me a long staredown from behind a pair of shades. I usually just laugh at them no matter what and they think that gives them some kind of huge read on me.

A close second is the showing of only one card at showdown but I don't play much B+M so I'm sure I could come up with more.