Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Disconnect-Protection should not exist

i think disconnect protect is a good thing - its obvious to any player that playing on-line you will eventually have some sort of drama that causes you to innocently disconnect

its obvious to a serious player that you can use disconnect protect in an unethical way

rather than have no disconnect protection which in effect is a rule that assumes all people cheat i would prefer to cater for all players

if dodgy disconnects are reported to the sites it should be easy for the sites to take appropriate action (ie it would be simple to spot the unethical players) - i think its bad that the sites dont take responsibility for the dodgy players and take the stupid soft option of not allowing disconnect protection

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 08-14-2005, 09:24 PM

Whenever i see someone disconect at a very opportune time i report them. I figure they can do it maybe 3 times before the website catches on does something...I suppose I am having a lot of faith in party poker for giving a [censored] though...DP still legitly saved me a bit of money and I would say it is probably +EV unless you absolutely never Disc.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys are making it out to be a much bigger problem than it really is. Yes, it is abused sometimes, but when it is, just notify support. You may or may not get the money back, but you will definitely have their account flagged and they won't be able to do it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Horse. [censored].
Old 08-16-2005, 02:04 AM

I rely on DP - I play online using my notebook computer with a wireless network in my home, and about 1/3 the time my phone rings, I lose the wireless connection. I have a 2400 ghz wireless, which I understand conflicts with my Linksys wireless network, but I recently purchased, and returned, a 5.8 ghz phone since it still interfered with my network.

I'd love to have a l/t solution to this problem, but when I'm disconnected, it's because my connection is kaput, not because I have a hand I'd rather not play.

Cheers, Carl.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:28 AM

It should not be allowed
In a year I have tried to use DP once
I had 77 the flop was 7 10 10 in 100 NL on party
The maniac goes all in on the turn and my laptop battery died
Fine my fault but I think I should have gotten what was in the pot already
I [censored] myself out of the rest of his stack and thats my fault
Basically if I had kicked out my cable wire I would have won the hand
When I emailed party they said it wasnt a disconnected internet blah blah blah
Yet I have been involved in about 30 hands this yr where the DP was obvious and nothing was done about it
I think the reward outways the risk if I DQ in 1 or 2 hands a year i can live with that as long as flush chasing donkeys can't suck out on me for free