Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Does anyone else find party poker skins 10-20 difficult?

[ QUOTE ]
VP$IP 10.35

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG. At 10/20, your opponents are likely observant. You RARELY enter a pot. When you do, they know exactly where you are and will fold.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:17 PM

I play twice as many hands as you in this game. Loosen up.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:14 PM

You don't defend your blinds nearly enough either. If I was in a stealing position with you in the blinds I'd pretty much be raising any two cards.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TimM

Thanks for your insight, Do you play the 5-10 game now strictly? I'll do that from now on.
How many BB would and hands accumulate would one need before moving up in limits?

Ivan

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, all 5/10 for now. I try to accumulate 500BB and at least a month of play (for me 32000 hands) before moving up. I may make the bankroll requirement even higher as I move up.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can tell you that you are being too strict.

read the Old Man from Montana post on the subject...when you are playing well and running well, take shots at a bigger limit (set a loss if need be). when you are running bad and perhaps playing bad, step it down a notch.

taking shots and stepping back is an extremely important thing to do (if you want to greatly improve.)

-Barron

PS- but on the whole, the 500bb as a bankroll to play a game 4-8 tables every day is very good and once you get to 40/80 and up its probably better to have 600-800bbs...
Old 07-14-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i can tell you that you are being too strict.

read the Old Man from Montana post on the subject...when you are playing well and running well, take shots at a bigger limit (set a loss if need be). when you are running bad and perhaps playing bad, step it down a notch.

taking shots and stepping back is an extremely important thing to do (if you want to greatly improve.)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's early yet for my poker career, and my bankroll is my only savings. I had some credit card debt going in and I am paying it off aggressively, and it will be gone within a month or two. Then I can put some money in the bank and feel more comfortable about taking shots. I knew going in that the first six months would be touchy, and the strictness is there to keep me in the game.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Went to SD% 28.32

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why you are losing. This is attrociously low for having a VPIP of 10. It should probably be over 40, but at minimum over 35. You are almost certainly making a lot of bad folds. Post some hands where you've folded and thought it was close. Likely spots for this mistake are heads up on the river, on the flop with middle or bottom pair, and facing a possible semibluff bet or raise on the turn with a medium strength hand.
Also, you should steal the blinds more and defend your own blinds much more. This should bring up your VPIP and PFR, which, as everyone has pointed out, are too low.
But the big problem is your went to sd %; as someone mentioned there is a regular in the 30 who definetly beats the game with a VPIP between 7 and 8, but when he sees the flop he's seeing a lot more showdowns than you.
Finally, be careful not to fall into the trap of aiming for certain statistics and making bad plays to get good numbers. If you play well, you will have the right numbers, but having the right numbers does not mean you are playing well. I could easily get the stereotype 18/10 VPIP/PFR of a tight aggressive player without playing a single hand correctly preflop.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:09 PM

I normally try to take off the skins first, as they are harder to digest and give me indigestion.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
77s

[/ QUOTE ]

Rigged.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:58 PM

Thanks for your feedback Ike.
I will fine-tune my multi tabling game of 5-10 then

Ivan
Old 07-15-2005, 10:15 AM

shant

What are your stats? More importantly, in multitabling do people attempt to achieve a 1BB per 100 hands as well/