Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Confusing 1010 hand.. thoughts?

[ QUOTE ]
Against a random player your are beat 80% of the time here. Barring a read I fold the turn or maybe even the flop minraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

im sorry but i feel obliged to ask, where do you come up with yer 80% number? holla
Old 07-13-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm factoring the preflop action into this opinion, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean? Into the fact that raptor could be weak? I completely understand that and have acknowledged that the way this hand played out you are vulnerable to being bluffed off the best hand. I just don't think this happens enough to justify check raising the turn. I guess this comes down to a matter of opinion. I feel most of these players are not incredibly deep thinking players and that the strength he's indicated is usually because of the strength of his hand as opposed to the strength of his hand reading ability.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Against a random player your are beat 80% of the time here. Barring a read I fold the turn or maybe even the flop minraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

im sorry but i feel obliged to ask, where do you come up with yer 80% number? holla

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is one play that screams out "you are beaten" at the lower levels, this is it. Do people use it differently at the higher limits?
Old 07-13-2005, 05:21 PM

I have to ask raptor, what did you put him on that you would stick with the hand for this long after he showed so much strenght?
Old 07-13-2005, 05:21 PM

Theres a chance BOBron has a poorly played flush draw with two overs but I think I would bet/fold the flop against him and his min raise here. It just seems too likely he is either full or has AA's.

Usher would know better then me about player specific stuff as I havent played Bobron in a while but I seem to remember seeing him play big pairs like this before.

If you don't buy it that he has you beat you should obviously go for the checkraise turn as you did (unless an Ace comes off).
Old 07-13-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that a preflop miniraise a very large portion of the time means a big pocket pair? Sometimes it means a hand like small suited connectors, but even there you are up at least at best a flush draw or but often enough trip 5s on this flop.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i check/call all the way down and prolly fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really really hate this line here. It's so expensive, you never find out where your at, you don't define your hand and give the villian tons of incentive to try to bluff you off with overs. AND your giving two basically free cards at what could easily be 6 outs or more and you don't know which cards hurt you by not betting.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you don't buy it that he has you beat you should obviously go for the checkraise turn as you did (unless an Ace comes off).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Apathy,

Why C/R the turn over just pushing? Seems to me that checking lets Villain either check (not good) or push. (not good) He happened to make a dumb move here (if on the draw) but aren't most players likely to either take a free card or really put Raptor to the test by shoving?

Also, I really don't agree with leading this flop as it will result in Hero laying down the best hand a decent % of the time. If its dry I'm more apt to lead.

The first and sickest thing I realized when I looked at this HH was that you put 86 in various usernames because you were BORN IN 1986!!!!!

That is sick.

As far as the hand goes. He sure didn't play the flop like he had a draw. He either has a monster or is representing one. If you don't know him to be tricky, I think fold on the flop. If you think you are ahead on the flop I think you should push after his reraise. Even on the flop, it is looking like 77 or quads.

holla,

microbet67

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just push the flop or fold when he raises you. I prefer fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

this isnt a 10 dollar sng, actual poker is being played. the thing i dont understand is why 2+2 people HATE to see a turn. its either push preflop, or push on the flop. god forbid we take a card off and see what happens on the turn.. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

As I've already said, I don't think you can fold to the min-raise, but you say you wanted to see what happened on the turn. You checked, he bet strongly. This is not what I would want to happen. If it went check, check, (or even check, small bet) I'm fairly certain I have the best hand on the turn, but check, strong bet doesn't look good. Is there anything else he could do on the turn that would look stronger?