Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Collussion? Tips? Teamates?

I aaalmost made a sarcastic response to that without clicking the link. BRILLIANT!
sox
Old 07-14-2005, 05:27 AM

This is no doubt collusion. And it's a very smart system. I have seen it used several times. Last time this was done on my table was on a Q 5 9 flop with a $500 pot.

UTG bet QQQ into the pot, I raised all-in with a set of 9's and UTG called and took the pot with a set of Q's after 2 blanks fell. Of cause I immediately reported the obvious collusion, but never recieved any answer, which I find strange. Maybe a sign that the site is rigged too.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:41 AM

OK, After your obvious ridicule here of my post, I accept the fact that in no way was this person doing anything but making a funny bet. In no way was this intended to show strength or that he his a set of anyway and it is completely coincidental that he bet 333 into a 400 pot with a set of 3's.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:46 AM

I dont think its coincidential, but I don't think its collusion either. The bettor is most likely conscious of what he's doing but doesn't care if it gives away his hand.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:07 AM

this is contradictory i know but...

if you people would stop replying to trash like this the forum would get better all on its own
Old 07-14-2005, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is contradictory i know but...

if you people would stop replying to trash like this the forum would get better all on its own

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry master
Old 07-14-2005, 09:17 AM

Sir! Yes Sir! (bye the way, blow me)
Old 07-14-2005, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG bet QQQ into the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 07-14-2005, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sir! Yes Sir! (bye the way, blow me)

[/ QUOTE ]
You'd think someone would take the hint when 20 different people show up in a thread to tell him what a moron he is.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:36 AM

Sorry, it was not nice, I just couldn't resist.

A colludingsystem based on the numbers in the bet are just completely meaningsles for uncountable number of reasons, I think you can see that.

Fact is that when people lose a big pot being drawn out on, they per instinct seek a reason other than coincidence. And if there is any slightly difference from normal standard play to see, it leads to a million posts about rigged sites and cheating. I guess it's a kind of psykologic defense reaction or a wish to find some kind of meaning in randomness.

If you had won that hand, you would never have posted. I don't recall a single post from anybody claming cheat if they won the hand.

The other day I got stacked two times in 12 hands on same table against flopped quads. Both times all the money went in on flop. I have never seen flopped quads 2 times in 12 hands before, (guess nobody on 2+2 did), I'm not even sure I have got stacked on flopped quads before - it is so rare anybody else hold a hand worth anything on such a board. I guess it will never happen again in my life. It's too wierd to be true...... now I start searching for other strange things in that session.... both guys called unresonable high preflopbets, one of the guys had just told that he had seen 2 quads today and that he thought there were many quads on this site....odd right? Maybe they can see the flop in advance and he tried to take the heat out of what would happen in a few hands by telling it happens all the time? Maybe he tried to warn others at the table? Just like your comment about "fishy things happening....", you suddenly see a connection and everything fits.

You lost AND he choose to advertise his hand ..... AND something fishy is going on. Well.....

Again, sorry I joked, but theese posts don't belong in a forum where we exchange opinions so we can improve our play.