Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Raymer issuing death threats?????

[ QUOTE ]
From Gutshot:

[ QUOTE ]

4:19pm
Family Guy

A guy from the crowd was asking Raymer's wife about his daughter... Mrs Raymer informed the Fossilman who got a tad irrate and threatened to kill the man if he went near his family! It took a good few minutes for him to compose himself and get back to the game. (allegedly)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I love stories like this. Absolutely no clue what was said. But, I hardly doubt it was something nice considering Greg's reaction. He seems like an even keel guy to me. Assuming the railbird was being an ass, I don't blame Greg one bit.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From Gutshot:

[ QUOTE ]

4:19pm
Family Guy

A guy from the crowd was asking Raymer's wife about his daughter... Mrs Raymer informed the Fossilman who got a tad irrate and threatened to kill the man if he went near his family! It took a good few minutes for him to compose himself and get back to the game. (allegedly)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So this is third-hand information now?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what exactly did the stranger say to Raymer's wife?

was it something threatening?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, why would that be relevant?

[/ QUOTE ]
In case he said: "If Fossilman wins, I'm gonna kidnap and kill your daughter", I'd say it's pretty relevant, as opposed to: "Hi Ms Raymer, good day to you and good luck to Mr. Raymer, and I hope your daughter is doing well too."

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.
But isn't it so much more fun to make judgements without the facts? Defend the player and bash the railbird. Or bash the player and defend the railbird. Facts? Who needs them?

"So does this apply to parents only, or can we conclude from this that all those elderly people with "Ask Me About My Grandkids" t-shirts are just looking to pick a fight? "

Hi-LARIOUS bro. Mad Props.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:45 PM

My wife was sitting in the press area, where only press and staff are allowed. She got special dispensation from the staff to be there. Some guy comes in who is not allowed, sits next to her, and starts asking her all about our daughter. He wants to know where she is, who's watching her now, what she looks like, and my wife is totally freaking out from his questions and attitude. She asks to have him removed, and tells me what was going on. I look at him on the rail a minute later, and he's pointing at her, pointing at me, talking to people in the crowd, and has a psycho-mad look on his face.

I stand up and tell him to watch himself. He has an even angrier look on his facee, and yells out that he was just asking about my daughter. My immediate reaction, based upon his demeanor and attitude is that he really is a threat. I told him that if he messed with my daugher or family, I would kill him. I shouted all this across a 20 foot gap, and yes, everyone could here it, and it happened.

And I wasn't lying. If anybody messes with my family, I'm going to kill them as certainly as I possibly can.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 07-13-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some guy comes in who is not allowed, sits next to her, and starts asking her all about our daughter. He wants to know where she is, who's watching her now, what she looks like, and my wife is totally freaking out from his questions and attitude. She asks to have him removed, and tells me what was going on. I look at him on the rail a minute later, and he's pointing at her, pointing at me, talking to people in the crowd, and has a psycho-mad look on his face.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't blame you one bit. There are more than a few weirdos and people trying to take advantage of others good fortune out there, especially in Vegas.

Thanks for the details, Raymer.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:48 PM

We obviously don't know what was said, but if ask people you don't know about their family members that you've never met, you're going to get reactions like this even if you ask in a polite, non-threatening way.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:49 PM

thanks for clearing it up. i certainly don't blame you, as i would do the same thing in your position.

good luck today, hope to see you at the final table with ivey, matasow and juanda.

Thank you.

that IS weird... why would a guy enter a restricted area and be asking about Greg's daughter?

I take it Vegas security is on this guy.
Closed Thread