Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: interesting TPGK flop decision

[ QUOTE ]
I saw no read. I only see that villan hasn't played a hand yet. We don't know how many hands he's folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh . . . I see that now. With no read on villian's hand then (except the potential steal), capping is probably right. TPGK is great heads-up in position, and a bet/raise is probably in order on the turn with any card besides an A. If the villian still shows strength, call down to the river.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:19 PM

Default results

i capped.

I don't think a non-maniacal 2/4 villain typically semi-bluff 3-bets an AQ-type hand and some chance of an OESD like JTs or something, so that leaves pretty much overpairs, and there's a good chance I'm behind.

if i call here, a turn bet from sb is nearly certain and if a heart falls, i'm likely to peel the turn for a total of 1.5SB.

if i cap here 1BB, i gave myself a reasonable chance to slow him down and get a free look at the turn/river. if i cap and he bets into me again, i reevaluate. roughly;

if i turn a heart, i need to see a river.
if i turn a 9, i raise.
if i turn a K, i'm not sure, but i likely call down.
if i turn & river nothing, i can fold a river bet w/o regret.

luckbox that i am, i turned a K, bet the rest of the way & and sb paid off his TT.

i feel like, taking a holistic look at the hand, a LP cap here is actually *cheaper* in many cases, helps define villain better & gives hero some better showdown options.

thx for the replies!