Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Lost my job today...

IMO taking the job at Hyundai is not really a good idea. You are not going to find many top salespeople that you could learn from at a Hyundai store. If you think you may be able to teach yourself there because there is less pressure then it may be worth a try. I just wouldnt expect anyone there to be more helpful than they have been at Toyota.

Some places offer better training than others. What you have to consider is that you got the same training as the other guy you mentioned who was selling more cars than you were. Maybe he is more suited to it. That is not to say that you can't become a more effective sales person, but it is why you won't get any real training there. They will run another add and out of 10 people who take a position 1 will catch on.

BTW, there is much more money to be made in used car sales than new car sales. With all of the new car pricing information available to everyone it is not the business it used to be. Used cars on the other hand offer a different opportunity.

There are some sales courses you could take. I took a Dale Carnegie Sales course a long time ago and it was a useful tool. It was not cheap though and you had to be employed in a sales position. I took it about 15 years ago and it was about $900. NO idea what it might cost now.

Good Luck whatever you decide. I have been in the car business for a long time so if you have other questions feel free to ask.

FGS