Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Securing payment.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So here's what we do. You send me the money via Western Union or some other wire service. Tomorrow, no ifs, ands or buts. When we initially discussed this I left the total amount up to you (aside from cost of course) but that is no longer the case. Total cost to you will be $175 flat for my time and also for the lateness of your payment.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're charging for extra for all of this? If I was her, I wouldn't pay you a dime over what you payed to ship it.

Isn't this extortion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Her initial offer stated that she would compensate the person who mailed her the computer very generously. As you can probably tell from the above paragraph, I told her she could pay me whatever extra she determined to be fair. I told her that she could pay me just the cost if necessary, especially because it cost more than the initial estimate. I was very gracious throughout. I did not consider this a major hassle.

However, now I do, and I'm letting her know she needs to pay a service fee / late charge. How can it be extortion if I have nothing to withhold from her or threaten her with? My only threat was to pursue payment via legitimate channels.

BTW, She immediately volunteered to pay me $200 after this exchange. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

NT